Contract situation

Havent we got one year options in our favour on most of the players signed in summer 2018?

I'm sure I heard somewhere that we had already exercised O'Nien's and his contract now expires in June 2021.

Last edited:
I think we’d get a fee for mcloughlin, so I’d give him a new deal. Then if we sell, we’d get cash

It looks to me that SD is happy to let him go (he hasn’t offered him a new deal) and get him off the wage bill. Make LB our number 1 as he’s on less cash.
but surely offering him a new deal and getting a fee is more cash than your idea?
This and I'd add, at 4 or 5 of players out of contract shouldn't be renewed regardless of whichever league we are in
which four or five out of contract ones do ou think good enough for champo?
There was championship interest in him before. Talk of a £1m plus bid from Blackburn i think it was. That was around the time donald himself said on a podcast he valued him at £5m. Just because a player hasnt commanded a fee before, doesnt mean he will never move for money.

Even allowing for that, it doesn't account for all of the players we should be tying down. Why hasnt oniens option been taken up. There are a number of players below that, like your Flanagans etc. Who arent world beaters but could do a job for a season, relatively cheaply, should we go up. People could be in for a hell of a shock when we have to replace half a squad, on what looks likely to be a small budget, if this clown is still in charge. Surely it would be better to keep the bulk of the squad together and concentrate the budget in the weaker areas, rather than suddenly have to replace 6,7,8 players. Its reckless and naive to believe you can move up into a new division and sign that number of players and get them all right, particularly when SDs record suggests we arent going to be spending much.
onien thing is automatic..it just happens as its al;ready agreed surely..the club can at any time between now and june tell him he has another year..there isnt negiotation..

Last edited:
but surely offering him a new deal and getting a fee is more cash than your idea?

which four or five out of contract ones do ou think good enough for champo?

onien thing is automatic..it just happens as its al;ready agreed surely..the club can at any time between now and june tell him he has another year..there isnt negiotation..
Out of contract; Watmore, Mclaughin, Robson, at least one of Ozturk, Flanagan or Lynch

Out of contract; Watmore, Mclaughin, Robson, at least one of Ozturk, Flanagan or Lynch
apart from the keeper it wouldnt bother me about any of those individually..robson cant get into a league on sqaud..what use in champo? he isnt that young..
watmore cant get into our team and we dont really have strikers..
on the CBs..i agree but am ambivalent about which one it would be..if we go up..

we got a lot less than £1.5m for maja...but he ios a different league to willis..
but we can competw ith championship clubs now! and thats because of dircet investnment fdrom the owners..despite the detraabnfed lunatics on here!

Fuck me hes blindfolded again.

Hes 32 its not old for a keeper
your right bout that of course but...its still old to ask a guy to move up to a higher level than he has ever played before (promotion chasing championahip team) over the length of next contract..i hope he signs one and stays like..but its not the end of the world..

Back