Contract situation

but surely offering him a new deal and getting a fee is more cash than your idea?

which four or five out of contract ones do ou think good enough for champo?

onien thing is automatic..it just happens as its al;ready agreed surely..the club can at any time between now and june tell him he has another year..there isnt negiotation..

If thats the case, which i doubt, why not just do it? If it was automatic there would be no point in the clause. Just agree the extra year initially.

Serious question to you then. The alternative, let all these players run out of contract. In addition to these players, you suggest jettisoning a number of others who you say you arent bothered about keeping. How do you see that panning out in terms of the number of players we need to sign and the transfer budget available? Also considering our transfer record under SD, what do you anticipate our "hit rate" being?

The above all being based on us being promoted.

If thats the case, which i doubt, why not just do it? If it was automatic there would be no point in the clause. Just agree the extra year initially.

Serious question to you then. The alternative, let all these players run out of contract. In addition to these players, you suggest jettisoning a number of others who you say you arent bothered about keeping. How do you see that panning out in terms of the number of players we need to sign and the transfer budget available? Also considering our transfer record under SD, what do you anticipate our "hit rate" being?

The above all being based on us being promoted.
because the club might not want to exert the clause. uf they give the extra year they have to pay him for an extra year..the clause means they can choose whether to do that any timr they want until june 30 when all footballers contracts expire..so they can literally wait until june 29..onien comes to them and says he has been offered terms by barcelona..and safc say..we are excercising the clause and he is under contract again..its a risk free way to get potentially an extra yuear of value.

in terms of incomings..well we will need a lot either way..we cant start the season in a higher division with this collection of strikers..two or three new ones needed..
but the core of the team o think owuld start in the championship is already here and under contract...onien willis, dobson, gooch maguire, hume, either keeper we have now, anbd that neans four starting players needed plus a bunch of saud players..

in terms of hit rate..we seem to have got better at transfers more recently,presumably as we have a manager who knows some players in england now..our record under the current chairman isnt great..and there is still a lack of strategic thinking on transfers..but itts not worse than what went on under the previous chairman..

At this level I couldn’t give a toss if people stay or go. We have Gooch and Willis under contract through to next year which is excellent news as far as I’m concerned

because the club might not want to exert the clause. uf they give the extra year they have to pay him for an extra year..the clause means they can choose whether to do that any timr they want until june 30 when all footballers contracts expire..so they can literally wait until june 29..onien comes to them and says he has been offered terms by barcelona..and safc say..we are excercising the clause and he is under contract again..its a risk free way to get potentially an extra yuear of value.

in terms of incomings..well we will need a lot either way..we cant start the season in a higher division with this collection of strikers..two or three new ones needed..
but the core of the team o think owuld start in the championship is already here and under contract...onien willis, dobson, gooch maguire, hume, either keeper we have now, anbd that neans four starting players needed plus a bunch of saud players..

in terms of hit rate..we seem to have got better at transfers more recently,presumably as we have a manager who knows some players in england now..our record under the current chairman isnt great..and there is still a lack of strategic thinking on transfers..but itts not worse than what went on under the previous chairman..

These clauses usually require one or both parties to agree, it depends on the term of that particular contract. There is every possibility that both parties need to exercise the clause. Therefore in your scenario luke could be off to the nou camp.

I absolutely agree that we could not start a championship season with that set of strikers, so would argue that funds would be better used to address this area. Get the best quality available with what is likely a limited budget. You are suggesting signing four championship standard starters, including strikers who are always more expensive, on top of a number of squad players. A goalscorer at championship level will be £8-10m, then you want to get atleast another striker, a further 2 starters AND another 5 or so players? I also note you only want to keep 3 of our pool of defenders despite currently having the best defence in the division. Do you not think this probably needs the least attention after the strikers and midfield?

There is also the ffp to consider in the championship, which a number of clubs are getting into trouble over.

These clauses usually require one or both parties to agree, it depends on the term of that particular contract. There is every possibility that both parties need to exercise the clause. Therefore in your scenario luke could be off to the nou camp.

I absolutely agree that we could not start a championship season with that set of strikers, so would argue that funds would be better used to address this area. Get the best quality available with what is likely a limited budget. You are suggesting signing four championship standard starters, including strikers who are always more expensive, on top of a number of squad players. A goalscorer at championship level will be £8-10m, then you want to get atleast another striker, a further 2 starters AND another 5 or so players? I also note you only want to keep 3 of our pool of defenders despite currently having the best defence in the division. Do you not think this probably needs the least attention after the strikers and midfield?

There is also the ffp to consider in the championship, which a number of clubs are getting into trouble over.
the clause was negotiated in sunderlands favour..alreasdy agreed with the player when ehe signed..its an option in safcs favour..its not unsuaul in football and the chairman saud its something he wants to do more of..

reese james had one last season in his favour i think..

Back