Constructive criticism.

Aye, sorry I wasn't very clear. Power sitting and someone else entirely (probably Dobson ahead of him). I think Power and Leadbitter/Mcgeouch is too negative especially at home.
Definitely, I honestly think if we just have a bit more belief in our own abilities we'll beat most teams in this league, take the game to them more, especially at The SOL, because if you do that the crowd is on your side and in turn it lifts the players.

A good hard fought win today but the weakness still looks fairly obvious (to me anyway) It's in the last third of the pitch. I lost count of the number of times we got to that point with a half decent move then you could see the man in possession wondering where his options were.....inevitably there were none or very few and the ball was held up and passed sideways or backwards. . Charlie Wyke played an excellent target man role today but no-one really went past him or overlapped. Ross has to find a way of getting more bodies up when we break forward
In a weird sort of way, thought an extra centre midfielder would've made us get up the pitch a bit more, someone with legs like Dobson. Rather than an extra forward.

Thought we had a spell in the second half we looked really good. Gooch looked sharper. Power pushed on and players looked to get in space and move the ball quickly.
Saying that I cant remember their keeper making a save in the second half
Aside from the goals he had little to do in the first also. Creativity is still an issue.

In a weird sort of way, thought an extra centre midfielder would've made us get up the pitch a bit more, someone with legs like Dobson. Rather than an extra forward.

Not sure if it's just me but the full backs seem to have been told to stay back too. When we were doing well last season O'Nien was always overlapping and getting into the box.

You suspect, but don't know. But condemn him anyway.
You are right I dont know however I am speculating on what Ross has Been saying which is it's a myth that we didn't score enough he just wants to keep more clean sheets. My conclusion to that is once we get a lead in the game Ross' aim isn't to continue scoring but to keep it tight and protect what we have.

Can you say anything which tells you otherwise?

Really, he had a cracking game, best he has played for a while.
I like Gooch , he never got a kick 1st half/
Not sure if it's just me but the full backs seem to have been told to stay back too. When we were doing well last season O'Nien was always overlapping and getting into the box.
Think thats down to respect for who we were playing.

Last edited:
Maguire has a lot of qualities but he just lacks that energy and movement. Whether it's a lack of condition I don't know but I watched him a few times second half when we were crying out for someone to make those runs into space to give options and he just looked as if he didn't fancy that aspect of the job.

His dive in the first half was f***ing pathetic, nothing short of cheating tbf

Back