Constant Lower Back Pain

Super Ted

Striker
Any stretches or ideas how i can relieve this?

Always have a dull aching pain in the base of my spine / lower back area that is becoming so frustrating.

I have tried foam rolling around hip flexors aswell as combining this with the usual lower back exercises but nothing seems to make a significant difference.

I tend to do a push pull legs routine but also play football, I've noticed that it seems to be worse after footy than on pull / push days but have also been advised lower back pain can be linked to hip injuries etc.

Any info appreciated.

Have you ever had an MRI scan to diagnose the cause of the pain?

What has your GP done to sort it out?
I haven't had an MRI scan to diagnose the cause of pain.

My GP a while back put it down to sciatica when the pain was really bad to the point I couldn't move my legs, Its never been that bad obviously since but constantly sitting in discomfort, Its worse when I lie down straight I feel.

I haven't had an MRI scan to diagnose the cause of pain.

My GP a while back put it down to sciatica when the pain was really bad to the point I couldn't move my legs, Its never been that bad obviously since but constantly sitting in discomfort, Its worse when I lie down straight I feel.
I’m not an expert but I know people with back pain and it seems like you need to hassle your gp to get to see an expert.

Impossible to day without knowing the root cause. Go see a good osteopath

Had this myself last year, really bad at times. Needing to sit down for periods when walking etc.

I have an office based job, meaning I'm sat down the majority of the time (also have a long commute which adds to the time I am on my backside) so the first thing I did was request a standing desk and an occpational health assessment. This got my work seat in the correct position and made me think more about my posture.

I visited the gp and was referred to physio. Also had a scan to rule out anything sinister.

Tried the chiropracter too, as well as buying a foam roller and using that regularly.

Ultimately, I changed my mattress and things became much better almost immediately. I had a memory foam and went to a extra firm miracoil mattress.

Since then, thankfully I have been pain free. I make a point of trying to keep my posture right all of the time, and avoid any exercises which put undue stress on my back.

Good luck with it as it can be a nightmare, hopefully you get it sorted.

Any stretches or ideas how i can relieve this?

Always have a dull aching pain in the base of my spine / lower back area that is becoming so frustrating.

I have tried foam rolling around hip flexors aswell as combining this with the usual lower back exercises but nothing seems to make a significant difference.

I tend to do a push pull legs routine but also play football, I've noticed that it seems to be worse after footy than on pull / push days but have also been advised lower back pain can be linked to hip injuries etc.

Any info appreciated.
Get a proper diagnosis, there are many reasons for back pain, self diagnosis or leaving things alone can be dangerous. You need technology.

Stefan Abel chiropractor in Chester le street , I really thought I'd never have a pain free back but he has done miricales. Can't recommend him enough.

£60 initial consultation, £35 per session after. Had me weekly for 5 weeks, fortnightly for a month and now I am pain free and go once every 6 weeks to get a refresh

Stefan Abel chiropractor in Chester le street , I really thought I'd never have a pain free back but he has done miricales. Can't recommend him enough.

£60 initial consultation, £35 per session after. Had me weekly for 5 weeks, fortnightly for a month and now I am pain free and go once every 6 weeks to get a refresh
Go to sr acupuncture and tui na on leechmere road, 20 quid a session. He should sort you out.

Could have saved you a bit of money.

Back