Conspiracy Theorists & The Great Reset

So what freedoms have been whittled away then? I am 48 and personally I believe we have much more freedom than we had as a kid or my parents / grandparents had. Or are you making stuff up to fit a narrative as usual.
What I was going to ask. What couldn’t I do in January that I could do in say 2000, make it a round 20 years.

I think money available is the only thing holding back most people (me included!). I’ve travelled all over the world. I’ve not wanted to go to communist closed door countries, or war zones. Otherwise fairly free. An attractive job came up working for the British Antarctic Survey, which I looked into and probably would have gone it I were single at the time. I can own a car and drive anywhere. I can eat what I want, read what I want, have access to masses of unfiltered information on the internet. I could learn to sail, buy a boat and head out to the open seas, or learn to fly.

I can’t think of a single thing I’ve wanted to do, or dreamed of doing, that I can’t, or that I could have done 20 years ago. Perhaps space travel, but that is because commercially it is currently fantasy or for the very limited number of very very rich. I certainly can’t think of another country that I’ve looked on with envy because of their greater freedoms.

So what freedoms have been whittled away then? I am 48 and personally I believe we have much more freedom than we had as a kid or my parents / grandparents had. Or are you making stuff up to fit a narrative as usual.
Like I said, it depends how you see it.
Do you have free speech today?
There's plenty to look at...and I'm mid fifties and I can see the changes, so how can't you?

There's plenty to look at...and I'm mid fifties and I can see the changes, so how can't you?

What has the government stopped me from saying or seeing? In what way are we less free, it would be better if there was some kind of electronic thing we could use to share info around the world and say what we like shame nobody has invented it yet

What has the government stopped me from saying or seeing? In what way are we less free, it would be better if there was some kind of electronic thing we could use to share info around the world and say what we like shame nobody has invented it yet
If you think you haven't lost any rights and freedom then that's fine by me. I see it differently.

Are you saying we don’t have free speech and you / we did earlier in your life? If so how are we controlled today compared to before?

Presumably the number of channels available to people now means people have the ability to communicate their so called free speech. Granted as a consequence it can also mean the spread of hate and misinformation.

Are you saying we don’t have free speech and you / we did earlier in your life? If so how are we controlled today compared to before?

Presumably the number of channels available to people now means people have the ability to communicate their so called free speech. Granted as a consequence it can also mean the spread of hate and misinformation.
If you can't see how we're manipulated and basically gagged...etc, then fine. It's like a big wet fish slapped in our faces....but....like I say, maybe some don't see that or don't want to.
You'll have no trouble providing examples then.
The examples are all around you.

If you can't see how we're manipulated and basically gagged...etc, then fine. It's like a big wet fish slapped in our faces....but....like I say, maybe some don't see that or don't want to.

The examples are all around you.

If you are referring to the media gagging us then you could argue that has always been the case but at least there are multiple channels for information to be heard.

If it’s in respect to not allowed to say exactly what you want then that has probably been lead to tackle racism and terrorism.

If you are referring to the way conspiracy theories are discredited then equally you could argue that these conspiracy theories would not have existed many years ago as information wasn’t as easily accessible or shared.

Back