Console upgrade

Discussion in 'Games and games consoles' started by Ferryhill Exile, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Ferryhill Exile

Ferryhill Exile Midfield

I just took the plunge and purchased an Xbox One X, and I’m now looking at selling my PS4 Pro.

How much could I expect for a PS4 Pro (mint condition with all original packaging and accessories), an extra controller and the official dual charging dock? Is expecting around £250 way over the mark or not?

2. Seems reasonable you not got any games to sell with it?

Ferryhill Exile likes this.
  3. Ferryhill Exile

Ferryhill Exile Midfield

I stupidly got digital downloads for RDR 2 and Battlefield V. So disk wise I only have GTA, Far Cry, COD WW2, Fifa 18, Fifa 17 and No Mans Sky.

4. Adamoah

Adamoah Winger

£250 is about right. If you're wacking it on ebay just make sure it's well presented.

Ferryhill Exile likes this.
  5. ebb

ebb Midfield

Sell it on Facebook market place it's way better than eBay or gumtree plus no sellers costs

silas80 and Ferryhill Exile like this.
  6. silas80

silas80 Winger

Aye, eBay will take about £25 from that, not to mention recorded delivery costs.

7. Sell your psn id with it and the games and you should get £300 easily

RossTheNinja likes this.
  8. Great decision

9. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

Terrible decision.

10. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

As soon as the account which bought the games deactivates the console as their ‘primary console’ the games will become unplayable. It’s not really feasible to sell it on the promise that you’ll keep the console activated as your primary.

11. I was under the impression he was selling his PS4

12. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

He is, but if he wants to keep his psn id then it’s not feasible to have the PS4 he’s selling activated as his primary console, which he’d need to do if someone with a different psn id wanted to play the downloaded games (they’ve been purchased under his id, therefore they belong to him and there is no way to transfer that licence to another person, unlike selling a physical copy). He could sell the PS4 with his psn id but I doubt anyone would want that as his id tracks all his trophy achievements etc.

13. You just leave that account on the machine and set up your own then you can play the games on your new account.

RossTheNinja likes this.
  14. Ferryhill Exile

Ferryhill Exile Midfield

I can already tell the difference on my telly switching between the two on RDR2.

Never thought I’d ever go back to Xbox after jumping to the PS4 then PS4 Pro from the 360, but I’m glad I have now. Much prefer the controller for the Xbox aswell. Undecided if I want to sell the PS4 Pro now though as I do like some of the exclusives.