Conor McLaughlin

Ok maybe you’re right. I only watched on the stream so didn’t have a full pitch view. He did back him up a couple of times and it’s something his does well. Maybe he could work on his positioning then.

Still McLaughlin was crap... but crap
Gooch stuck on the right and seemed to cover him 1st half which mitigated McLaughlin’s ‘performance’.

I’m offering no excuses for McLaughlin he was terrible just that Gooch should be helping more when we know how bad he is.

Doesn't look like a footballer at all. Completely lost and can't do the basics, body shape and position all wrong. Who the fuck watched him for more than ten minutes and thought he was worth signing?

At least we now know he’s at least as bad a right back as he is a left back. Absolutely awful footballer. At one point managed to show the winger both inside and outside. Some boy
Glad someone has mentioned this fella because he is absolutely woeful.

No pace, can't pass and most importantly isn't good at actually defending. Their winger tonight had him tied up from start to when he went off.
Anyone that Millwall got rid of should have be warning enough.
Millwall Reserves

Last edited:
another savvy move by our scouting team. The opposite of what the Don talks about on those podcasts, feel sorry for the lad after Ross messed him around playing left back , but if you spoke to anyone who watched millwall they'd tell you he is a very limited player. Maybe our scouting team are really that bad. The fact we went for Morgan Fox tells me they are. Jobs for the boys sadly. There is going to be no rebirth of the club signing these types of players.

there are better players in league 2, short term, lazy signings with no strategic approach
Agreed. The whole recruitment team need bombing out.

Have to agree about Hume unfortunately. I give him a bit more slack as he’s young and come through the academy but everything you’ve said there is what I had to bit my tongue from saying at the game.

No excuse for McLaughlin like. Genuinely, and this is something that gets said a lot unfairly but I believe it to be true this time, I’d be going f***ing mental if my right back in my Sunday league team defended like he did today. Looked like a fan who won a competition.

Mate I play at a decent level and I have lads in my team who don't make the simple mistakes these clowns make, if the kid from Leeds isn't better than any of them rip his contract up now and send him on his way.

If we insist on signing rejects from clubs nearly relegated from the championship then this is the kind of player we can expect to see. Just hope this changes a bit when the new owners come in as we're really not in good shape on the field at the mo.

Back