Confrontation - is it worth it?

Only twice have I swung for someone (bar my brother, knobhead but okay for about half a decade to be fair to him)

- Lad my ex cheated on me with, should have just left it, was stopped by a couple of sound coppers who then let me walk home

- Bloke in a bar in Durham who decided to feel up my mate’s wife

In general I’m soft as shite and as soon as circumstances dictate it’s going to kick off my arse will start going. Confrontation is shite, it’s very rarely worth it, particularly as some have mentioned already you’ve no idea what someone else has on them. Walk away if you can… always
Sensible folk know that if the aggressor continues then he will out do you on how far he'll go, so the only solution would be a KO and of course all the risks and consequences that brings, so the sensible person knows he's lost before he starts and the best thing to do is walk away

I left home just 17, never really had a fight at school, skinny lad and not very tall, was joining the RAF and on the train from Darlo to Grantham (I think) I thought, ‘not getting bullied’, wasn’t much bullying but just stood up for meself from day 1. Bloke within first 2 weeks was ex Grenadier Guards so thought he was Rocky, he tried to pick on me, he started a confrontation and lost, luckily. I got better at scraping and learnt that fronting up 99% of the time made people back off, not advocating fighting but front up, recognise the situation if that doesn’t work, think about quick exit. Some
a-holes out there so avoid them but defend your family. Sedgefield car-boot some Chav tried to pick on my wife and 6 year old, (few years ago) he thought they were on there own, me leaping over his stall made him and the security bloke think again about bullying, I didn’t throw a punch but scared the shite it of them.
Would always avocate to avoid confrontation if possible 👍

I left home just 17, never really had a fight at school, skinny lad and not very tall, was joining the RAF and on the train from Darlo to Grantham (I think) I thought, ‘not getting bullied’, wasn’t much bullying but just stood up for meself from day 1. Bloke within first 2 weeks was ex Grenadier Guards so thought he was Rocky, he tried to pick on me, he started a confrontation and lost, luckily. I got better at scraping and learnt that fronting up 99% of the time made people back off, not advocating fighting but front up, recognise the situation if that doesn’t work, think about quick exit. Some
a-holes out there so avoid them but defend your family. Sedgefield car-boot some Chav tried to pick on my wife and 6 year old, (few years ago) he thought they were on there own, me leaping over his stall made him and the security bloke think again about bullying, I didn’t throw a punch but scared the shite it of them.
Would always avocate to avoid confrontation if possible 👍
Aye, the peacock effect, does give time to weigh things up and like you say most back down.

Sensible folk know that if the aggressor continues then he will out do you on how far he'll go, so the only solution would be a KO and of course all the risks and consequences that brings, so the sensible person knows he's lost before he starts and the best thing to do is walk away

I’ve a feeling in both scenarios I’d have won. Particularly the first. You’re right.

Back