RR Confirmed: Sunderland U23s striker departs as new club officially announces him as part of squad

Seemed a talented lad, but at 21 you’d expect him to be pushing for a first team place. Some seemed to think he wasn’t good enough, I guess we’ll see how well the lad progresses. Good luck to him.

must be cos we are owned by a peniless chancer who is asset stripping the academy..oh...
Curry is nearly 22 and is nowhere near the 1st team. Financially and developmentally he was of no value basically, which is why he has left for nothing and gone to a nobody team in the US lower leagues.

That's not the same as all of our best 14, 15 and 16 year olds disappearing to top end PL clubs...

Last edited:
He's gone to Miami not Luton ffs.
he has gone to layderdale...
Curry is nearly 22 and is nowhere near the 1st team. Financially and developmentally he was of no value basically, which is why he has left for nothing and gone to nobody team in the US lower leagues.

That's not the same as all of our best 14, 15 and 16 year olds disappearing to PL clubs...
i know that man..i was being fascesgious and poondering what the reaction would have been if this happened when the previous owners were here..
the 14,15, 16 year olds may not make it far in football, but there is a strong chance they will do better than FC Lauderdale..
im just surprised phil neville personally got involved in a signing like this kid..

i know that man..i was being fascesgious and poondering what the reaction would have been if this happened when the previous owners were here..
the 14,15, 16 year olds may not make it far in football, but there is a strong chance they will do better than FC Lauderdale..
im just surprised phil neville personally got involved in a signing like this kid..
I thought you’d fucked off Charlie?

Layerdale? Where's that? Lake District or summat.

Whenever I watch any American teams they always seem quite good at attacking, but absolutely hopeless at defending.
Fully agree. I think the style of MLS is to outscore the oppo and not park the bus. Americans don’t like draws and won’t sit still for 2 hours to see a 1-0 outcome. In any sport.
Best of luck to the lad in any case. Going to a city that’s full of temptation. Hope he keeps his head screwed on straight.

Back