Concerts

Hyde Park was my last open air festival gig - Neil Young was brilliant, Dylan was very disappointing. The overall experience was great (weather was good!), apart from the price of the T shirts and beers! Fortunately we'd eaten a hearty meal before hand so didn't get ripped off for food!

Was at the Royal Albert Hall for Richard Thompson's 70th birthday bash. There was a great vibe, only one arsehole who was taking constant photos with a flash on! She lasted two songs before she was told to stop and for some reason got so upset she left and all was well with the world!

Just got back from the Great British Folk Festival at Butlins in Skegness! Quite a positive experience as there were two main stages you can pop in and out of, though once you lose your seat you can end up standing for the whole gig. Also, there were up and coming acts during the day and a solo acoustic venue! £138 for three days of quality music plus accommodation's not to be laughed at!

Gan on @peachbum treat yourself and give it a go. There's plenty of good bands appearing at decent venues in London at the minute.

I've not been a fan of stadium gigs but I did go to see Muse at the O2 in London earlier this year. Got to say I thoroughly enjoyed it and the three days I spent in London. Here's a video I took of the gig to give you a flavour. Not sure if it will play on here but I'll post a link.

What a band. Kicking myself for not seeing them on this tour.

I'm treating my lass to a quiet evening with Slipknot at the arena in January.

What a band. Kicking myself for not seeing them on this tour.

I'm treating my lass to a quiet evening with Slipknot at the arena in January.

Prior to that my best ever gig was Bowie doing the Spiders From Mars tour at The Rink in Sunderland back in 73. The Muse ticket was exactly 100X the price of that ticket :lol:

Back