Concerts at SOL in 2022

I went last night and expected some Newcastle stuff but was well over the top , toon toon chants between every song
Me and my daughter have tickets for the arena next year. It's his last show of the tour I believe. I'm dreading It's going to be like a mag home game.

It will be like a mag home game mate. You’d be better off going to Leeds to see him then the arena.

This. I'd not want to see him up here again if they are going to roll out the same "theatrics" all of the time. Also just attracts more nobheads to the occasion as well.
When I go to a gig I'm there for the music, not for shite about football (its a good break from the actual shite football ha ha).

I liked the comments that Flea made during the RHCP gig at the SoL. Well a little poem/song type thing along the lines of "I love Mackems, I love Geordies, I love them both the same" i.e. I couldn't give a shit which football team you support, this is a gig and we're all here for the same reason.

Neither has LJ
LJ?
I went last night and expected some Newcastle stuff but was well over the top , toon toon chants between every song
Happens loads at gigs up there
Me and my daughter have tickets for the arena next year. It's his last show of the tour I believe. I'm dreading It's going to be like a mag home game.
They might be just about down by then so might be a little more somber

Last edited:
Not officially and not from what I saw. Canny few empty seats dotted about unless people couldn`t make it for one reason or another.
I was on holiday when the tickets went on sale and they sold out within an hour. I rang the Sage every day in the month leading up to the concert in case there were any returns. There weren't. The day before the gig they released 8 'production seats' and I managed to get a pair. Awful view, but never mind.

I was on holiday when the tickets went on sale and they sold out within an hour. I rang the Sage every day in the month leading up to the concert in case there were any returns. There weren't. The day before the gig they released 8 'production seats' and I managed to get a pair. Awful view, but never mind.
Fair play. I just heard from another source that it wasn`t quite sold out but it still looked pretty full from where I was...near the back. I don`t think they`d fill the SOL. It`s always worth ringing The Sage every day as often tickets are returned to the box office for resale so there may be none one day and a couple the next.

Back