Concerts at SOL in 2022

No Sunderland…

Logon or register to see this image

kinetic flooring sounds pretty cool, perhaps safc didn’t want the pitch fucked up by it!? :lol:

Green tour? Aye by doing 3 in London means and extra 200,000 fans travelling in petrol cars a lot further than they would've than had they'd done a couple up north

Green tour? Aye by doing 3 in London means and extra 200,000 fans travelling in petrol cars a lot further than they would've than had they'd done a couple up north
It sounds pretty green to me like. Especially compared to other gigs. Fair play to them.

Bit of a daft argument. They're not responsible for what their fans do. It's THEIR tour and it's greener than what it usually is.

Bit of a daft argument. They're not responsible for what their fans do. It's THEIR tour and it's greener than what it usually is.
Simple as that really. He even acknowledges that they still have more to do going forward. Absolutely mental to get anything but a positive from this.

Its really not. Are they only expecting SE based fans to attend?

The total carbon footprint of the tour includes the transport of the people attending. I'd wager that 3 normal gigs spread out will have a smaller footprint than 3 'green' gigs in London

Its really not. Are they only expecting SE based fans to attend?

The total carbon footprint of the tour includes the transport of the people attending. I'd wager that 3 normal gigs spread out will have a smaller footprint than 3 'green' gigs in London
Why are Coldplay responsible for other people's carbon footprint? They can easily get the train down or car share or what have you. They have made positive steps to reduce their carbon footprint. Fair play to them.

People will travel from outside of the area wherever the gigs are. At least in London there's a (comparably) excellent rail service to transport them.

Last edited:
Why are Coldplay responsible for other people's carbon footprint? They can easily get the train down or car share or what have you. They have made positive steps to reduce their carbon footprint. Fair play to them.

I never said they were responsible, but you need to factor in travel of attendees when making green claims. All they've really done is cut one bit, but then increased another.

People will travel from outside of the area wherever the gigs are. At least in London there's a (comparably) excellent rail service to transport them.
This.

Seems quite obvious that a few gigs in one place would have a smaller impact on the environment than several dotted about. Less carting the gear about for a start (did anyone happen to see the small video the Stones posted of their fleet of HGVs that goes on tour with them?)

I never said they were responsible, but you need to factor in travel of attendees when making green claims. All they've really done is cut one bit, but then increased another.
They've cut loads of bits. Did you read the article?

Having the gigs in one place makes all sorts of sense environmentally speaking.

A gig in Sunderland would create an increase in traffic in and around the area. A gig in London would barely be noticed. The transport services will run regardless.

A gig in Sunderland would create an increase in traffic in and around the area. A gig in London would barely be noticed. The transport services will run regardless.

I wasn't on about Sunderland, thinking more Manchester who have a pretty decent tram network

Back