Concerts at SOL in 2022

Boss, Stones, AC/DC.

I'm not sure if Queen are quite stadium fillers these days but their arena tours sell well.

Westlife are doing Wembley stadium.

Neewhere near that big re they?
In 2022 , Queen are doing 10 nights at the O2 in London , 2 nights at Birmingham Arena, 2 at the Glasgow Hydro, 2 at the Manchester Arena and 2 at the Belfast Arena... that’s some tour - they might have been able to do a stadium tour , but it would have had to have been instead of what is planned in 2022

In 2022 , Queen are doing 10 nights at the O2 in London , 2 nights at Birmingham Arena, 2 at the Glasgow Hydro, 2 at the Manchester Arena and 2 at the Belfast Arena... that’s some tour - they might have been able to do a stadium tour , but it would have had to have been instead of what is planned in 2022
It's a bit of a funny one. I dunno if that sorta crowd would be more inclined to attend an arena concert than a stadium one.

Sorta the same with Elton John. He's doing big arenas all over with multiple night stints with barely a ticket to spare.
Whilst also charging about 80 quid a ticket.

Having said that, if they played the SoL I'd gan
Thing is, what d'ya expect to pay nowadays? £80 a ticket isn't that bad.

Last edited:
It's a bit of a funny one. I dunno if that sorta crowd would be more inclined to attend an arena concert than a stadium one.

Sorta the same with Elton John. He's doing big arenas all over with multiple night stints with barely a ticket to spare.

Thing is, what d'ya expect to pay nowadays? £80 a ticket isn't that bad.
50 or 60 quid for a stadium gig

80 quid is too much I reckon.

30-50 for an arena

20-30 for an academy gig

10-20 for a smaller venue

I'm possibly living in the past, I can remember paying 80 quid for t in the park whole weekend in about 2003.

You absolutely are.
I like very small gigs and up to say 1500 capacity. I also like festivals. Anything in between needs to be virtually free for me to bother.

Happy to rock up on the day and buy a heavily discounted ticket but would never pay £100 for a stadium gig.

Obviously people enjoy it and don't begrudge the money but it isn't for me. :lol:

Led Zep would be the only exception.

I like very small gigs and up to say 1500 capacity. I also like festivals. Anything in between needs to be virtually free for me to bother.

Happy to rock up on the day and buy a heavily discounted ticket but would never pay £100 for a stadium gig.

Obviously people enjoy it and don't begrudge the money but it isn't for me. :lol:

Led Zep would be the only exception.
Yes, but we all kna what a Jack A'ckward awld get yay are, and it's completely irrelevant to modern day concert pricing.

Im amazed I said Taylor swift and it got such a positive response , I love her last 2 albums but unsure how it would work at a stadium .

U2 have not toured in a while and rumours of a zoo tv revamped tour

Hopefully we can get a few on with something for everyone

Taylor would be an amazing coup for the club and City and would attract people from outside the region. Cost will come into play mind

Gig tickets have gone through the roof in terms of price increased compared to other forms of entertainment. Mainly due people not buying music anymore
I think people need to learn to appreciate the time, labour and expertise that goes into putting these shows on as well. It's not just about the handful of people prancing about on stage.

Back