Concerts at SOL in 2022

The big issue with SJP is access points to build the stages , Sunderland is much easier and that’s why we get the acts with big production.

Exciting times if we are getting up to 5 acts and putting ourselves back on the stadium tour map again
Not arguing about that mate, i agree, you asked why you weren't on the list, and i answered
The big issue with SJP is access points to build the stages , Sunderland is much easier and that’s why we get the acts with big production.

Exciting times if we are getting up to 5 acts and putting ourselves back on the stadium tour map again
Not arguing about that mate, i agree, you asked why you weren't on the list, and i answered

Well he only does it for money lets face it .Did he not announce no more shows about 10 years ago ?
This is his 'Farewell Yellow Brick Road' road tour. It's been gannin on since 2018 but Covid's gotten in the way - was supposed to last a couple of years with a couple of legs around the world. I've looked at tickets for it in various places (Aberdeen, Manc, London) before and it seems to have sold well with tickets costing a fortune.
What a shit venue that is for gigs by the way…took the bairns to see Little Mix, stage, sound were utter garbage…which for a 40 odd year old bloke probably was for the better!
We went to see Bryan Adams like and it wasn't the best setup. Fuckin' hopeless trying to get a drink, and with the stage set up perpendicular to the end of the wicket the wind just blew the sound all ower the shop. Was canny otherwise but venue and elements let it down.

Last edited:
If he's only doing 4 stadium gigs it will sell well imo, especially if they're spread out across the country. Not really my thing but a lot of people will want to go just so they can say they were there too.

If he's only doing 4 stadium gigs it will sell well imo, especially if they're spread out across the country. Not really my thing but a lot of people will want to go just so they can say they were there too.
I'm not a massive fan like - don't own any albums - but he's a bit of a legend isn't he and it's one to tick off. Rude not to if he's on ya doorstep.

I'm not a massive fan like - don't own any albums - but he's a bit of a legend isn't he and it's one to tick off. Rude not to if he's on ya doorstep.
I saw him at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, so he's off the list already. It'll be canny to see him do his own stuff.

I'll probably wait until they're reduced though. 😁

My only bug bear with doing 4 or 5 gigs at the stadium next year is that they will be probably be clever around the timing of announcements. I can see Elton John tickets going on sale then a few days later another big act announced. I'd be a bit hesitant to buy tickets until I see who else is coming on. Or I jusy whack it on the credit card and worry about it later.

My only bug bear with doing 4 or 5 gigs at the stadium next year is that they will be probably be clever around the timing of announcements. I can see Elton John tickets going on sale then a few days later another big act announced. I'd be a bit hesitant to buy tickets until I see who else is coming on. Or I jusy whack it on the credit card and worry about it later.
Nee gigs since 2019 - plenty saved. :lol:

At least with the SoL ya haven't got trains n kip to sort out.

I'll bet you can sing along with all the hits though.
Aww I kna the hits. Love Tiny Dancer. He's just not somebody I go out of me way to listen to much.

I have tried with Madman, Cowboy, Yellow Brick Road etc but the records just don't quite grab me enough.

I think I have got a greatest hits kicking about.

Nee gigs since 2019 - plenty saved. :lol:

At least with the SoL ya haven't got trains n kip to sort out.
Got a couple of things already booked. Got tickets in the pre-salse for Twenty one pilots at Wembley arena for me an the eldest daughter yesterday. I was hoping it would be a bit closer to home than a weekend in London. That's end of June next year so it's bound to clash with something at the stadium.

Back