Composite doors

£1350 for an anthracite grey door and frame with 3 central windows, window above, ultion slam lock, letter box and long bar handles front and back.

BMW Windows. Pelton Fell. Did mine, me mar&dar’s, me Aunty’s block of flats through durham. Wasn’t bonkers price either. Took it on interest free.
These lads done mine. Also done windows for me as well. Found them spot on. Good price good service.

If I had to get a new door or window they would be top of my list based on my experience.

Not long got two reinforced comp doors, with an 8 lock dead lock plus fitting & frames it cost me 2100. You can usually pick up the doors for 400 - 800 each, just make sure too look around quite abit.

Dont go to TWR or use the fiiter they suggest. My door still has a gap and is hard to lock. Fitter blames TWR, they blame the fitter, ive still got a shit door.
Heard a few reports like this .

Composite and PVC doors look f***ing awful like but do their job brilliantly .

Rehau is a decent profile, not the best though
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I want/need x6 replacement double glazed windows. I am getting a quote next week from a local company who manufacture and install their own windows. They supply windows for a popular local builder and he fits them on his building jobs. He has suggested that we use this company on some other work that he’s quoted for. This company has a 10 year guarantee.

We already have some Rehau patio doors and I have an estimate from a local rehau trade supplier. £1500 including VAT for 6 windows. They have recommended a fitter who charges £90+ vat per window.

My thinking is that if the Rehau trade quote is about £1000 less than the local company then I would ask them to supply the windows. What do I do to ensure that I have some come back if something goes tits up? The recommended fitter is CERTASS accredited but I cannot see any FENSA accreditation for the frame supplier or the fitter.

Is it a case of a trade off between lower price and not having guarantees? But even then the local company could go bust within 10 years.

BTW I don’t live in the NE.

I have done some research.

CERTASS are an equivalent to FENSA so I assume that if you have a certificate from either of these you don’t need to register windows/ doors with building control.

Has anyone ever bought their own insurance backed guarantee or should the installers be offering it?

Back