Composite doors and new windows

Matt Hopkins

Midfield
Anybody have any recommendations around Chester le Street? Anyone used compositedoors north east in Washington? Anyones to avoid give me a pm.

“IT windows” did ours in the summer, there were class, lads who work for them are great, and a decent price, I’d not go anywhere else , thankfully nowt else to do.

My door has slipped think the company who put it in has gone bust
Any idea who would be able to come and tighten some screws up

I've broken my arm and so has my wife so cant do it mesel, not that I've got the gear anyway

DSW on the Drum. They've done windows, front door, patio door and facia boards for me over the years. Canny lads who do a decent job. Will use them again when I can afford to do the rest of the windows and the back door.

I've broken my arm and so has my wife so cant do it mesel, not that I've got the gear anyway
They're proper heavy ,I take the pins out of my patio one now and again to tight the screws that hold it and I nearly shit myself how heavy it was

Had my black composite door on for 4 years now ,white specks are appearing underneath some areas ,another few years and it will be a white composite :lol: .

Do any firms offer a recoating service ? Also the chrome letterbox has all pitted .
It's not just a one off as the same thing is happening to my mates door .

I’ve had a quote off Wearside Windows, got to say the bloke has been spot on so far.

Called and quoted when he said he would and the price seems very competitive. The gear they use looks good quality too.

Unless NE&C pull something spectacular out the bag I’ll be using WW.

I got a feeling the bloke (Arthur) is a trustworthy kind of bloke too.

I’ve had a quote off Wearside Windows, got to say the bloke has been spot on so far.

Called and quoted when he said he would and the price seems very competitive. The gear they use looks good quality too.

Unless NE&C pull something spectacular out the bag I’ll be using WW.

I got a feeling the bloke (Arthur) is a trustworthy kind of bloke too.
He’s a mate of a mate.Only come across him on one job and he was no problem.

Generally (and the names being mentioned on this thread and others of this ilk) the general public have not got a clue between a good job and a bad unless it goes spectacularly wrong.

Pictures of wife, do not need to see the busted door

Last edited:
He’s a mate of a mate.Only come across him on one job and he was no problem.

Generally (and the names being mentioned on this thread and others of this ilk) the general public have not got a clue between a good job and a bad unless it goes spectacularly wrong.
Cheers Gilly. Mine used to have sash windows and he knew all about the conversion and problems etc. so seemed sound. I can spot good workmanship.
Pictures of wife, do not need to see the busted door
She has a busted door as well.

I live in the CLS area and asked the next door neighbour where he got his doors done as they looked canny and he said it was BMW on Stella Gill but said he WOULDN'T recommend them. Had no issues initially but then had a couple of problems and had a hassle trying to get them back out but apparently it's a family firm and it was the son he had been dealing with. When he started kicking off a bit and the dad found out he sorted it out no problem.

Hence, I'm still looking for someone so will watch this thread with interest.

Back