Complicated sounding exercises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing a variant of Stronglifts and Starting Strength.

A lad at work sent me his strength exercise programme and there's some complicated stuff on there.

I think I prefer squats, deadlifts, OHP, bench, bent over row!

Goblet Squat
Reverse Lunge (Reps = each side)
Kettle Bell Deadlift
Single Leg RDL (Back leg on bench - Reps = each side)
Half Kneeling - Single Arm - Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Chest Press
TRX Row

Arm Session
Dumbbell Bi-Cep Curl Into Cable Tricep Extension Reps
Assisted Chins into Assisted Dips Reps
Single Arm Eccentric Bi-cep Preacher Curl Into Single Arm Eccentric Tricep Flexion Reps (!!!)

Kettle bell deadlift... How big is the kettle bell like. Sounds like a waste of time that
I didn't check but he's only started strength training recently so credit to him for trying it out.

I ran through the compound barbell exercises with him but he's got this programme from one of the fitness staff.

I didn't check but he's only started strength training recently so credit to him for trying it out.

I ran through the compound barbell exercises with him but he's got this programme from one of the fitness staff.
Someone with more experience will know better than me but i can't see much benefit of a kettle bell deadlift.

Think most people can deadlift over 100kg after a few weeks training. Ive never seen kettle bells go up that high.

Someone with more experience will know better than me but i can't see much benefit of a kettle bell deadlift.

Think most people can deadlift over 100kg after a few weeks training. Ive never seen kettle bells go up that high.

I have a golden rule that I never judge people in the gym. If I saw a healthy adult man doing kettle bell deadlifts that rule might be broken, though.

"Spider-Man Curls" is the winner
How you manage to train your forearms while using your spidey sense and swinging from buildings using your silk rope wrist shooters is a bit of a best kept secret...

Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, do them all at least once a weeks then look for good basic assistance work which you feel gets good blood flow and gives a good pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back