Company of Heroes 2 - Microtransactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely loved CoH 1 and it's expansions, so I bought CoH 2 shortly thereafter.

I just got around to playing it and what a f***ing mess of microtransactions. Just about everything is for sale and it's pushed on you all over the main menus.

Seems they partially abandoned the single player mode as they have only released one campaign DLC in the almost 4 years it's been released. Shame, because there's a British Forces DLC, but it's just units not a campaign. Sure, there's skirmishes, but that's not the same.

There's been balancing clusterfooks that luckly I've mostly missed playing it so late.

I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it, but fancied a little moan.

Carry on!

As you play it you get drops and earn new commanders etc.

I think they lowered the rate though, my m8 got loads through playing the campaign but I didn't get that many.

gimme a shout on steam if you wanna play some skirmishes v AI

As you play it you get drops and earn new commanders etc.

I think they lowered the rate though, my m8 got loads through playing the campaign but I didn't get that many.

gimme a shout on steam if you wanna play some skirmishes v AI
Will do mate and I'll keep an eye out for new commanders and rewards, thanks.

So far the campaigns seem quite rushed as far as how it pushed gameplay compared to CoH 1. I like to play my RTS games methodically and with chess like strategy, rather than the twitchy, 200 unit rush and grab that's used in say Starcraft 2. Also, even though campaigns are supposed to be scripted, they seem too scripted in CoH 2 so far.
Seems skirmishes are the bet way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back