Company lost share details

mackem35

Winger
Two years ago worked for an American company but based in the UK. I bought some shares through my salary and have just let them sit. Anyway. went on the ex-employees website and I appear to have zero shares and when I click on my details it just tells me to refresh the page. Emailed the company regarding the shares and phoned their help desk asking if it was a problem with the website but heard nothing back. Searched the web and the only thing I can find is reference to lost share certificates but I was never given any certificates and have never had any contact from the company since I left regarding the shares. Anybody know whether I can contact the say the FSA or where I stand. If I wanted to sell the shares tomorrow I can't and feel the company is taking the proverbial. Thanks and waiting for the abuse.

If it's a share save scheme you are usually tied in to three or five years before you can sell them.

Two years ago worked for an American company but based in the UK. I bought some shares through my salary and have just let them sit. Anyway. went on the ex-employees website and I appear to have zero shares and when I click on my details it just tells me to refresh the page. Emailed the company regarding the shares and phoned their help desk asking if it was a problem with the website but heard nothing back. Searched the web and the only thing I can find is reference to lost share certificates but I was never given any certificates and have never had any contact from the company since I left regarding the shares. Anybody know whether I can contact the say the FSA or where I stand. If I wanted to sell the shares tomorrow I can't and feel the company is taking the proverbial. Thanks and waiting for the abuse.
Where is the company listed?

If it's a share save scheme you are usually tied in to three or five years before you can sell them.
Nope, Shares you paid for via salary sacrifice you can sell them, but you need to wait a certain period of time to avoid the Income Tax on them. If they were awarded as part of a bonus scheme then you have to wait.

Back