Compact advice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Nikon DSLR, but too often I just can't be bothered to lug it about with me, and think I'm missing out on some good photo opportunities.
So...I'm looking to buy a half decent compact, for around £250. I'm not particularly interested in a superzoom, but would like something with decent specs.
I think I've got it narrowed down to 3 cameras (must have a viewfinder, don't like using a screen in bright sunshine)' which are the Canon G16, Nikon p7800, and the Fujifilm x30.
Anybody used one of these, or even better used a couple of them to compare ? And is there anything else I'm missing out you can suggest ?
Should add...main uses are photographing my 3 year old grandson, scenery, and old castles and the like. I also like to take pics in low light conditions.
Cheers folks.

Just another thought...Olympus omd-em10 and Sony a6000 might be considered with black Friday coming up.

Last edited:

I have a Nikon DSLR, but too often I just can't be bothered to lug it about with me, and think I'm missing out on some good photo opportunities.
So...I'm looking to buy a half decent compact, for around £250. I'm not particularly interested in a superzoom, but would like something with decent specs.
I think I've got it narrowed down to 3 cameras (must have a viewfinder, don't like using a screen in bright sunshine)' which are the Canon G16, Nikon p7800, and the Fujifilm x30.
Anybody used one of these, or even better used a couple of them to compare ? And is there anything else I'm missing out you can suggest ?
Should add...main uses are photographing my 3 year old grandson, scenery, and old castles and the like. I also like to take pics in low light conditions.
Cheers folks.

Just another thought...Olympus omd-em10 and Sony a6000 might be considered with black Friday coming up.

The X30 would get my money. Great little camera IMO.

Don't know if you are still looking but the Panasonic lf1, has a viewfinder, 7x zoom and quite a fast leica lens plus manual control. Quite a reasonable camera and very pocketable.

I've a Nikon D3200 as my main camera and just got the Panasonic Lumix TZ70 compact for Xmas off the mrs.
Well impressed with the images and the amount of functionality on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back