Command and conquer Red Alert remastered

Discussion in 'Games and games consoles' started by Caer_Urfa, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

Anyone else hoping to get this? Original one of the best PC games for me.

ShaabanShaaban and chopsfc007 like this.
  2. nelford_safc

nelford_safc Striker

One of the best RTS games ever made. I'd be getting it if I still had a PC.

Caer_Urfa likes this.
  3. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

Hope EA do it justice.

4. SeahamMackem

SeahamMackem Midfield

Fat chance of that.

Was immense back in the day. Dusted off Red Alert 2 a few years ago. Class game.

5. There must be some mods for the original to bring it up to date anyway?

6. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

When's it out

7. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

Dunno pal. Ive just read that EA have got someof the original staff back for it though, which is good news.

8. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

I normally just play sports games but it was fantastic, as a side note my ps4 was meant to come today but got redirected to shields.

Caer_Urfa likes this.
  9. gipetto

gipetto Striker

It was absolutely class. Wish they'd create some new levels.

I played it through the EA site a few years ago, you could access all of the oldies, unsure if you still can.

I don't understand why they don't release more games like this for the Xbox One and PS4, as well as a compatible mouse so you don't have to rely on the controller.

Gucci Massive and ShaabanShaaban like this.
  10. gazc24

gazc24 Winger

Can't wait for ea to bring it out on mobile after months of build up.

11. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Are there any similar at all at the moment

12. gipetto

gipetto Striker

Sudden Strike, but I don't think you rely on building bases and harvesting materials for money. Looks good, but wouldn't fancy playing it using a controller.

13. Sima

Sima Striker Lost Magpie

Pay $3.99 for a commando.

14. RYHOPER1

RYHOPER1 Midfield

I wouldnt get my hopes up.

A company called petroglyph made a game called forged batallion. Allot of the devs involved were the guys who made the orig C&C games.

In early access it looked like the game had allot of potential. It really had the feel of the old C&C games. But they never finished the game or fixxed any of the bugs. It was abandonned.

These are the guys EA are getting to do the remasters. Wouldnt be surprised if they just reuse the engine they used for forged batallion.

15. steve30000

steve30000 Striker

:lol:

16. Richy Fingers

Richy Fingers Full Back

I always preferred Tiberian Sun like. That, for me, was the best RTS ever made.

Btw, RA, RA2, TS and all the expansions are free for PC owners.

Downloads - CnCNet

rugga, Gucci Massive and rinigrajo like this.
  17. Tanya > Commando :cool:

Is tiberian sun the futuristic one?

Remember a bunch of us playing it on LAN. Only problem was that if we played with a base building period, someone would always build an impenetrable GDI base (firewall, paved flooring, automatic entry system with multiple gates); good fun trying to take them out like :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  18. Richy Fingers

Richy Fingers Full Back

Not sure if it's the 'futuristic one', GDI did have firewall's though. I never used them. After TS the game got too complicated imo, once you introduce nukes and shite it gets a bit daft.

NOD was the best side, you had Artillery that would decimate everything and had the best range, and Rocket Launcher troops that'd shoot down any planes/choppers. A line of 20 Artillery with rockets in support was impenetrable and would flatten a base in minutes. GDI was shite in comparison, you could only have 1 Mammoth MkII at a time and didn't get artillery until the last tech level.

19. rugga

rugga Midfield

Cheers for the link, I only got to play C&C Red Alert & Retaliation on Ps1 (or Ps2) Loved the skirmish maps, just trying to find my fave maps! This remaster will just be another EA mobile cash cow sadly.

Richy Fingers likes this.