Comet Neowise

Should be able to see it from about 11 until it gets too light - about half 3 or 4 ish. I tell you what Venus is extremely bright too in the eastern sky early in the morning. It's a good month for seeing the plants.

Should be able to see it from about 11 until it gets too light - about half 3 or 4 ish. I tell you what Venus is extremely bright too in the eastern sky early in the morning. It's a good month for seeing the plants.
Saturn and Jupiter are canny - low in the South after midnight too.

Saw it in the early hours of Sunday morning, about 2:00am. Low in the sky and visible to the naked eye. Could even see the tail, which was surprising given the amount of light pollution in the area.

I have very limited options from my garden due to the position of the comet.
If it's clear again on Friday I might go for a walk and see if I can find a better location.

If anyone else wants to try, it's not too difficult.
I'm just using a cheap DSLR camera on a tripod with a bit of trial and error.
You are doing a grand job - keep posting those images.

Thanks

They said on the news here tonight that a comet called Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) will be visible within the next few days and will be closest to Earth on 1 February.

Apparently the comet is green and won't be visible again for 50,000 years or so.

Last edited:
They said on the news here tonight that a comet called Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) will be visible within the next few days and will be closest to Earth on 1 February.

Apparently the comet is green and won't be visible again for 50,000 years or so.

We best not miss it.

Back