Comedians that just arent funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Bishop. That slow scouse accent boils my piss.
Noel Fielding. As funny as cramp.

As a side note, my dad went to see Bob Monkhouse about 40 years ago while we were at Butlins and said that he was absolutely fantastic, a lot different to what he was like on the telly.

It boils my piss that so many of them worm their way into presenting TV shows or make a living out of panel show appearances. FFS Lenny Henry has even turned to acting.

I could add Peter Kay to my list. Don't find him at all amusing.
It`s the type of comedy he does.Similar to The Royal Family, The office etc some bits resonate with what people know from their own experience other bits they havent got a clue about.

Threads like this are great, because it just shows how all the massively popular comedians are disliked by loads of people, but the fact that they all do big tours and are pretty succesful in their own way, shows that they're doing something right.

Personally can't stand Russell Howard, but if you can sell out the 02 in London regularly and do other arena tours at £50 a go, you're obviously doing something right.

If you don't enjoy it, then it's not for you, but obviously they're not shite as they are playing to huge rooms year after year.

I agree with this. I used to absolutely despise Lenny Henry, then saw him interviewed when he was being the normal bloke Lenny Henry and not his comedian persona and he was canny. Done a few good documentaries as well.
I liked him when he was on tiswas, then found him annoying but now think that he's ok again. Plus he does a lot of work for charidddeeeeeee there mate.

I remember the nude monk off here was a comedian, he always used to get really pissed off with opinions about comedy the little fanny, then he wrote a shit blog about Sunderland fans abusing him on Twitter, which was also not funny.

I'm sure he's a nice lad but for a comedian he had f***ing shit crack

For me I think for stuff to be funny it's got to be just the right amount of offensive, any PC lefty crack is shit.

Sarah Millican, she is SHITE.

I saw the synopsis for her stand-up routine on TV the other day. One of the topics was her irritable bowel syndrome so at least she has got some new material.

Must have been all that cake.

Last edited:
Another vote for Peter Kay. Seen him at the arena a few year ago when he toured, could have just watched his dvd from 10 year previous, same material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back