Comedian refuses to sign behavioural agreement

"Anti - atheism" is a nonsensical phrase since atheism is not a thing or a stance it is simply the rejection of religious bullshit.
It would be like being " Anti Not Playing Golf".

There's a black man *shakes head*, a Pakistani, and a Jew in a wine bar. What a wonderful example of cultural integration that is ladies and gentlemen. Bernard Righton from the 90's (John Thompson).

Reporting the Pakistani to his local Imam for mixing with infidels and consuming alcohol.

Of course, but audience members are permitted to call them out on it. This is the usual point where people who want to say racist things without reply bleat about freedom of speech and snowflakes, without realising that they're the ones being snowflakes trying to shut down their opponents' viewpoint.
I can’t imagine many WMC punters calling them out on it. It’s bollocks anyway. Anything should be fair game for comedians.

"Anti - atheism" is a nonsensical phrase since atheism is not a thing or a stance it is simply the rejection of religious bullshit.
It would be like being " Anti Not Playing Golf".

It's a big enough "thing" for UK judiciary to legislate protections for atheists. Probably due to a history of persecution that hasn't disappeared even to this day.

:lol:

Snowflakes getting called out

Logon or register to see this image

Comedian refused to sign 'safe space contract'

"A comedian has turned down a gig at a university after being asked to sign a "behavioural agreement" first.

Konstantin Kisin was warned about a "no tolerance policy" on topics including racism, sexism and transphobia.

He was asked to perform at a gig at the School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS) in London, organised by university society Unicef on Campus.

The group has since apologised and the Students' Union says it "believes fully in freedom of speech".

Konstantin told Radio 1 Newsbeat the experience reflects a growing trend of free speech becoming stifled on university campuses across the UK."

For those who can't see the image, the full list of things he had to have a no tolerance stand up routine about was racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism.

"Still, he's certain that offence can be found in almost any comedian's set.

"If you choose to find offence then there's plenty of room to do so," he says.

"I didn't turn down this gig because I'm some racist, homophobic, xenophobic, ableist comedian. I turned down this gig because if you sign a contract like that, you're exposing yourself to someone's bad interpretation."
Frankie Boyle should do it .....

Need to go back to the 80's when there was a sign on the door to the concert room that said "no blacks, dogs or Irish"
Thought you were about to say that for a second.

There's a black man *shakes head*, a Pakistani, and a Jew in a wine bar. What a wonderful example of cultural integration that is ladies and gentlemen. Bernard Righton from the 90's (John Thompson).
If it's the Student Union wine bar, then the Jew's getting no platformed ;)

Last edited:

Back