Colonoscopy

Seeing a guided tour of your bowels is one thing, but another when they’re cutting polyps off, so bizarre, I remember thinking when he stapled the ‘wound’ up how’s that clip gonna be taken out :lol::eek:
I questioned what the blueish grey bit I saw during the procedure was and he explained that was where they'd tattooed me off the last time I'd had a polyp removed.

Not a nice experience for me - the camera hit a dead end on one of the bends and I was told there and then that the blockage was almost certainly caused by a tumour. It's a moment I'll never forget but thankfully I'm ok after an op to remove it.
Good to hear you're on the mend wicksy xx

Just seen this thread - I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago to see if my colon had recovered from injuries sustained in a car accident- I felt fine for the 24hours afterwards but then had cramps/pain around the bladder area for a couple of days. No farting afterwards but I made up for that by farting continuously at the Doc as she was moving the camera (and blowing wind in to enlarge the colon...) Not something I'd want to repeat but had to be done- no lasting effects from it now though!

As for tubes down the throat, I`d had one put down into my stomach during surgery to relieve any sickness (as colon wasn't working due to trauma) but the tube came out after 3 or 4 days. I insisted the nurse put it back in as I`d immediately started being sick. I had to keep drinking water continuously with my head tipped back while she worked the tube in and felt like I was drowning myself! Once the tube was in, it was so uncomfortable that I made her take it straight back out again and took my chances!

Big danger of tmi here, but had this done this afternoon purely as a precautionary screening, and I can confirm it is a bit freaky watching them snip out a polyp on the screen in front of you :eek:

I have to wait a week to see if it's anything they need to follow up on, but it only goes to show that these things are worth doing, however hideous you think it's going to be.
Hope it is all well. How long between meals is the crucial question though?😉

Just seen this thread - I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago to see if my colon had recovered from injuries sustained in a car accident- I felt fine for the 24hours afterwards but then had cramps/pain around the bladder area for a couple of days. No farting afterwards but I made up for that by farting continuously at the Doc as she was moving the camera (and blowing wind in to enlarge the colon...) Not something I'd want to repeat but had to be done- no lasting effects from it now though!

As for tubes down the throat, I`d had one put down into my stomach during surgery to relieve any sickness (as colon wasn't working due to trauma) but the tube came out after 3 or 4 days. I insisted the nurse put it back in as I`d immediately started being sick. I had to keep drinking water continuously with my head tipped back while she worked the tube in and felt like I was drowning myself! Once the tube was in, it was so uncomfortable that I made her take it straight back out again and took my chances!
The colonoscopy was a doddle for me, but I certainly wouldn't want any tubes down my throat.

I hope you're on the mend, now. 👍

Back