Colonoscopy

Not too bad at the moment Miss Piano, thanks.

We’re dancing again but it will take a while to get back up to competition standard.
Just keep going my friend - it'll be time for Strictly again in a few months and you know how much I love Strictly :p xxxx

Don't be. I had it done and it's a fuck on and but thought of it is worse than the reality. By the time you have to go through this shite it'll be something even easier.
The prep is he worst part for me tbh :lol:.

It's like most other stuff. Not as bad as you think it's going to be.
You're right.
For me it was a doddle, but the worst part was once the Picolax eventually started to work, I felt like I'd be on the pot for a month :lol:
The farts when I got home after the colonoscopy were some absolute belters mind :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one last year. Couldn’t have sedation as I turned up on my own even though I went there on the bus. The procedure really bloated me out with wind but apart from that it was OK.

The Moviprep certainly works for me, floodgates open within minutes.

They offered me tea and biscuits - I turned it down as I'm diabetic. They used to give you a sandwich which was lovely, but not anymore :(.
I was just glad it was all over tbh.
I know you said you have regular checks, so they should give you a full fry up and a gold watch, as a reward for being a long standing customer
, ;) :D

I got a choice of tea or coffee and some toast with jam.
Very nice :p

Reading some of the stories has made me realise how lucky I am to have never had any serious health problems. I don't even wear glasses, still have all my own teeth except the wisdoms and half of another one which broke, and have only ever had 1 night in hospital after a minor op.

Perhaps I'll be like the Bluesmobile and one day everything will fall apart at the same time.

Imagine that HC, some bling bling for my sting ring :lol:. I've been having them for about the last 20 years, you'd get less time for murder tbh.
Love it :lol: :lol: :lol:
As much as you're used to getting the checks, it's not something I'd ever be comfortable with, but I would happily go through it if it meant the checks would one day save my life.
Like you said though it has it's benefits and is like going on a diet for you, but without the effort of having to shed the pounds x :lol:

I've had a few. Thought the endoscopy was worse, like a horror movie scene. The colonoscopy was more sci fi. The prep. is by far the worst part.
Agreed about the prep.
Only had one colonoscopy after being admitted to hospital because I had hiccups for three days, non stop. :eek: :lol:
Never had the one down my throat, and hope I never do.

Agreed about the prep.
Only had one colonoscopy after being admitted to hospital because I had hiccups for three days, non stop. :eek: :lol:
Never had the one down my throat, and hope I never do.
The first endoscopy was an absolute shocker, theres no two ways about it. The camera feels huge and theyre just pushing it down. Its over in ten mins though. Second time round was infinitely better.

The first endoscopy was an absolute shocker, theres no two ways about it. The camera feels huge and theyre just pushing it down. Its over in ten mins though. Second time round was infinitely better.
I think I'd be hoying my guts up if I had to have a camera down my throat.

Had it done a couple of years ago. The Moviprep and fasting was the drizzling shits, pun intended. Every time I climbed back into bed I was up again shitting through the eye of a needle.

The procedure wasn't as bad but my friend who's a Nurse and female (fuck off) spotted my name on the board so she managed to sit in with me and offer moral support while the Doc shoved the tube up my hole We laugh about it now in fairness.

Best part was demolishing a 16 inch pizza as soon as I got in through the door

Back