1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colmans Seafood temple South Shields

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Cyrilsneer, May 17, 2017.

1. Cyrilsneer

Cyrilsneer Winger

Had you're pants down there

2. Musicman

Musicman Winger

This !

3. errant

errant Striker

If it's being pitched as a seafood place, I assume it's not another Harry Ramsdens fish & chips gaff?

Is it more a fancy seafood place to keep the riffraff out?

4. Mantobar

Mantobar Central Defender

CAN YOUSE SPEAK UP MAN
    im hard of herring...

5. TheWhitePony

TheWhitePony Central Defender

Colemans has always been overpriced ... its no where near as good as the legend suggests. Anyhoo, current takeaway of choice is South Shields Shawarma ..... which is rather bloody epic...

GK likes this.
  6. bernardbresslaw

bernardbresslaw Striker

I had a burger in spoons in Chesterfield a couple of weeks ago and it was champion for a fiver but I take your point.

Definitely but the roads were in chaos due to that unexploded bomb so I pulled in for some scran to let them calm down. Company was paying so it's not all bad but I would have been better off going to KFC.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Cyrilsneer likes this.
  7. HeaderDownBrown

HeaderDownBrown Midfield

Is that the one next to the Eastern Eye? Heard it's spot on, might give it a try.

8. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Back

That depends on what he charges surely, have you ever been to the beach past August its empty apart from dog walkers, best chippie is still on Green Lane.:D

9. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Central Defender

Aye true the winter will be quiet for them like. They wouldn't have opened if they weren't expecting to make big profit though.
    Green lane is quality, the owner seems a nice bloke as well.

10. yamar1

yamar1 Winger

green lane is a grease bomb these days, used to be canny a few years back. colmans for me but each to their own.

Cyrilsneer likes this.
  11. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Back

Still rather have me chips in paper instead of them daft boxes, loads of salt and vinegar;)nothing better.

12. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Back

Don't get me wrong it looks great, it was only getting wasted as a building, the council did nothing with it.Never seen the top picture b4

13. Lord Potts

Lord Potts Winger

Just wait till Sunderland Council re-open Joblings as a mega chippy.

14. A town is reliant on economy and tourism and one has been used to help the other in this case. Colmans is a famous local business and the temple is a famous local landmark.

15. yamar1

yamar1 Winger

a cracking idea tbh, hope it does well and im sure it will. dont think the sand dancer/ crab shack will be pleased like.

Bonzo likes this.
  16. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Back

What they going to turn the town hall into then.:D

17. GK

GK Striker

:lol:

I went last week as it used to be excellent when i was a kid . I was brought up tound the corner from the place. It was horrific. The greasiest fish and chips I've ever had. We all shared on fish as the other three were mushy fish served in a soggy pale yellow thin batter. Absolutely rank.

South Shields Shwarma mentioned above is magnificent mind!

18. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Back

Is that the one just opened on chi road.

19. GK

GK Striker

Aye, its outstanding