Colin Todd international ban

ive just read an old magazine article which said Colin Todd had a 2 year international ban. I can’t remember this.....anyone on here know why?
Didn't he refuse to play for England in the close, season or summat?

My post has somewhat been derailed by a spat.

So club before country ...what was the context that’s a big punishment
Don't know the circumstances with Todd but sounds like the self punishment mentality that our sporing authorities often seem to impose on themselves. They used to have a rule whereby you couldn't be selected for England if you were serving a club ban - until Captain Marvel, Bryan Robson was sent off against us. I think the Rugby team won't pick overseas based players and the cricket team wouldn't pick Ben Stokes because he had a fight in a street.

He asked not to be picked for an Under 23 summer tour of the USA(?). He reasoned he'd had a long season with Derby and wanted to spend some time with his wife and new born son. The FA didn't like it and they decided not to pick him for two years, although they insisted it wasn't a ban.

I'm a season ticket holder from Roker Park, but that counts for nowt in this throw away generation who only look for the now. Is that you, dreaming of been born in Liverpool?

Nah, he'll be concentrating on the prem

When you were 2 as you wouldn't have cattermole as your avatar.....Second time you've said that and i still don't have a clue what you're on about! If it's glory, i support and go to Real Madrid games on the side.....;)

Pity the poster who gans by that name on here can't get the same on the internet

Who's rattled your cage, smoggy?

Last edited:

Back