Colin Graves - next chairman of ICC

Genuine question. As a Yorkshire supporter (with admittedly very little interest in the financial and leadership aspects of the club) can someone please explain what his "vested interests" are. Us down here are as disgusted as anyone with what he has done to Durham and is currently doing to county cricket. To suggest we are somehow "in" on his dastardly plans and responsible for the what happened to Durham is laughable

Last edited:

Genuine question. As a Yorkshire supporter (with admittedly very little interest in the financial and leadership aspects of the club) can someone please explain what his "vested interests" are. Us down here are as disgusted as anyone with what he has done to Durham and is currently doing to county cricket. To suggest we are somehow "in" on his dastardly plans and responsible for the what happened to Durham is laughable
He is a Yorkshire benefactor and by removing durham from tests increased Yorkshire’s chance of holding them

no problem with yorkshire followers ( though some are arseholes when up for the t20), Graves should never been allowed to punish durham as he did. A clear conflict of interest

Nobody is saying Yorkshire are "in" on it and we know their fans hate him as much as the rest of the country does. There is no proof of course but Graves has a lot of money tied up in Yorkshire CCC and it would appear beneficial to him if Durham stopped hosting test matches which could have gone to them especially Ashes tests.

He is a Yorkshire benefactor and by removing durham from tests increased Yorkshire’s chance of holding them

no problem with yorkshire followers ( though some are arseholes when up for the t20), Graves should never been allowed to punish durham as he did. A clear conflict of interest

Same with some of the England selectors.

No PTICC👎
Though on second thoughts they deserve all they get if they elect him for not doing due diligence. Worrying, something of the night if India propose him.

The ICC are even more bent than the ECB. He’s ideal for the role.
I don’t know if that’s aimed at me but I think the stick Graves gets is disproportionate compared to Clarke.

I’m a bit like Donald/ Metheven with Graves, willing to give him a bit longer before judging. But I know I’m in the minority there.

:lol:

Aside from turning Riverside into a Costcutter Supermarket as mentioned by TRT - what else must he do for you to ‘judge’?!

Last edited:
The ICC are even more bent than the ECB. He’s ideal for the role.

:lol:

Aside from turning Riverside into a Costcutter Supermarket as mentioned by TRT - what else must he do for you to ‘judge’?!

How The Hundred goes. I think the ECB have done good work with All Stars which was massively needed but they’ll ultimately be judged on the new comp. And without wanting to re-open that debate (!) it could still go either way whatever people on each side say now.

Can't believe you've asked the question. His "vested interest" is to the tune of £20m which Yorkshire CCC owe him. He has the power of veto of any appointments to the Yorkshire board of directors which in effect means he controls the club. Additionally at the time of Durham's sanctions the senior member of Yorkshire committee, can't remember the name but he was either chairman of CEO who has since been barred from any directorship because of false accounting- nothing to do directly with Yorkshire's finances admittedly. The whole Yorkshire board, therefore, are in effect Graves muppets.
Not aware that any of Yorkshire staff have ever been accused of being responsible for Durham sanctions, in fact, I'd imagine they're hugely embarrassed by Graves whole conduct.

Can't believe you've asked the question. His "vested interest" is to the tune of £20m which Yorkshire CCC owe him. He has the power of veto of any appointments to the Yorkshire board of directors which in effect means he controls the club. Additionally at the time of Durham's sanctions the senior member of Yorkshire committee, can't remember the name but he was either chairman of CEO who has since been barred from any directorship because of false accounting- nothing to do directly with Yorkshire's finances admittedly. The whole Yorkshire board, therefore, are in effect Graves muppets.
Not aware that any of Yorkshire staff have ever been accused of being responsible for Durham sanctions, in fact, I'd imagine they're hugely embarrassed by Graves whole conduct.
As I say I have no interest at all in that side of it. It’s just about what goes on on the field for me. Couldn’t even tell you who does run the the club (apart from Graves “allegedly”), or who is on the board although I know Boycott keeps getting knocked back :lol:

Last edited:
As I say I have no interest at all in that side of it. It’s just about what goes on on the field for me. Couldn’t even tell you who does run the the club (apart from Graves “allegedly”), or who is on the board although I know Boycott keeps getting knocked back :lol:
Which makes your accusation of Durham's calumny toward Yorkshire somewhat ludicrous.

Which makes your accusation of Durham's calumny toward Yorkshire somewhat ludicrous.
Well I don’t want to fall out with anyone over it so I’ll leave my contribution to this thread there.

Looking forward to the Bradford League T20 cup (or probably the Bradford Hundred Cup) overtaking the IPl in a few years anyway :lol:
I do agree however that the Yorkshire board are indeed muppets for keeping Gale and Moxon. If Graves really wants to help Yorkshire perhaps he can order the board to sack them

Last edited:
Well I don’t want to fall out with anyone over it so I’ll leave my contribution to this thread there.

Looking forward to the Bradford League T20 cup (or probably the Bradford Hundred Cup) overtaking the IPl in a few years anyway :lol:
I do agree however that the Yorkshire board are indeed muppets for keeping Gale and Moxon. If Graves really wants to help Yorkshire perhaps he can order the board to sack them
No intention of causing any ill feeling or fall out, I assure. Looking from afar, I have the impression though that Gale must have supporters with influence but not with their finger on the pulse to be still in a job.

Last edited:
How The Hundred goes. I think the ECB have done good work with All Stars which was massively needed but they’ll ultimately be judged on the new comp. And without wanting to re-open that debate (!) it could still go either way whatever people on each side say now.

It’s a good point you make regarding All Stars in fairness, credit where it is due to them for that.

It’s a good point you make regarding All Stars in fairness, credit where it is due to them for that.
In fairness Chance to shine was established long before Graves had any connection or influence with ECB.It's free whereas participation in All Stars costs circa. As such it is divisive.

In fairness Chance to shine was established long before Graves had any connection or influence with ECB.It's free whereas participation in All Stars costs circa. As such it is divisive.

Chance to Shine is good but All Stars has blown it away in terms of kids consistently playing from what Ive seen. The numbers joining it suggest the £40 is decent value.

Back