Cole Kitchen

I’ve got to guess the Stack would be a fortune compared to North Bridge Street. Big gamble for a business who’s not 100% confi in getting a good return.
I know someone who knows one of the people with a place in stack, apparently they are very much sinking. They moved their shop to the stack, they are now taking less in a day and paying more rent. Even with covid it would have been better to stay put apparently, unless Stack is heaving each day, people will not pay for parking etc and pop into their shop unlike their old place in a council estate.

I know someone who knows one of the people with a place in stack, apparently they are very much sinking. They moved their shop to the stack, they are now taking less in a day and paying more rent. Even with covid it would have been better to stay put apparently, unless Stack is heaving each day, people will not pay for parking etc and pop into their shop unlike their old place in a council estate.
Have to say, parking plays a part for me, not the Stack, just generally. If I want to nip & get a sandwich say, no way I’ll go to Sainsbury’s or Tesco cos it’s a fanny on getting parked & making the journey to the shop after. Its easier just to nip to a sandwich shop & save 10mins.

That’s not taking into account paying to park on top.

Not a coffee drinker but the food at Cole is class. Easily the best from any of the places on Roker or Seaburn seafronts. And it's not all nine quid. Pretty sure a lot of it is cheaper than what you'd pay for a McDonald's meal.

Also, I've never understood people who look down on what other people choose to spend their own money on. Each to their own surely?
Anything under £10 for a meal that's not a proper sitty downey is fine by me. I'd rather pay £9 for a nice sandwich than say £5 for a shite full English.

Have to say, parking plays a part for me, not the Stack, just generally. If I want to nip & get a sandwich say, no way I’ll go to Sainsbury’s or Tesco cos it’s a fanny on getting parked & making the journey to the shop after. Its easier just to nip to a sandwich shop & save 10mins.

That’s not taking into account paying to park on top.
Absolutely mate, especially for a grab and go bit of bait.

Back