Coldest match

Oldham away in 96 when Bally got a last minute winner which a few others have mentioned was definitely the coldest. Honourable mention to Rotherham away in the cup in 98 when Phillips got a 4. Sleet was horizontal and possibly the most pissed I’ve been at a match, the pitch looked turquoise.

Derby at home in Keane's first season in the PL. Miserable game that we won 1-0 in the end, 89th minute IIRC.

Remember it well....was a few weeks before Christmas iirc, absolutely Baltic. Walked over the bridge back to the car near the university and a tyre was flat, me and me dad somehow managed to change it despite having no feelings in our hands.

Any that are played at Hartlepool.

I swear that ground has to have its own climate. Years ago I went to watch them play Lincoln. Beautiful summers day at the beginning of the season. Sat outside the pub. Walked into the ground and it was like stepping inside a freezer.

End of the match, straight out the ground and back into the beer garden

Consett away with Shields in Vase. Bastard freezing, if I could feel my feet normally I would have went home. Never been colder in my life

Consett away with Shields in Vase. Bastard freezing, if I could feel my feet normally I would have went home. Never been colder in my life

That was probably one of the warmer days for Consett as well.

Went there on a Tuesday night when they played Whitley Bay earlier in the year. It went to penalties and by the 7th penalty each no one cared what the result was anymore. They just wanted a result.

Back