Coldest match

C

Clean Bristow

Preston in the last relegation season
Fulham in 85, uncovered terrace and wind off river
Newport Fa cup 1986
Grimsby's 6 minute match

I have a 4 way tie.

The Arsenal 2-2 game at Highbury when we were 2-0 down at halftime, think it might have been New Years or close. McCann I think got the equaliser. Was lashing with snow the whole way down. I was travelling with 2 Arsenal mates and we had to stop every few miles to clear the windscreen and spray de-icer as the washers had frozen.

Bolton FA cup tie away the year we had the semi final run to lose v Millwall. Missus and bairn were complaining they couldn’t feel their toes.

Another FA cup tie home to Barrow, solid ice for miles around the stadium, slipping and sliding all the way from the car trying to keep hold of my Dad so he didn’t fall. The announcement came over the tannoy that one of the main cross Pennine routes back for them was closed.

St Andrews for the cup replay v Brum when Tommy Smith scored 2 extra time goals and they deserted in their droves. Saw Randle a few rows ahead top off waving his shirt above his head looking like a blue stick man.

Blackburn Rovers away, Tuesday night match about 2000 I would say. We stayed in a hotel down there, it was absolutely freezing on the terrace and the drive back the next day along the A59 was fun and games with the snow and ice.

Back