Colback

One of the most ridiculous England call ups ever. Only 2 games into the new season the so called "ginger Pirlo" was called up based on basically what a journalist called him. Mental.

He wasn't ever actually called up was he? Thought it was just some in the press spouting shite. I don't think he ever made a squad.

He wasn't ever actually called up was he? Thought it was just some in the press spouting shite. I don't think he ever made a squad.
I am certain Hodgson used the quote "Ginger Pirlo" when he called him up after only a couple of games for the mags. He dropped out due to an "injury" and was never chosen again. I think the original nickname came from a talksport presenter but I am not certain of this.

I am certain Hodgson used the quote "Ginger Pirlo" when he called him up after only a couple of games for the mags. He dropped out due to an "injury" and was never chosen again. I think the original nickname came from a talksport presenter but I am not certain of this.

Honestly mate, following the shite spouted on Talksport people were talking him up but I genuinely don't think he was ever actually involved with any squad. If you can find that he was fair enough but I'm like 99% sure his callup never materialised.

Honestly mate, following the shite spouted on Talksport people were talking him up but I genuinely don't think he was ever actually involved with any squad. If you can find that he was fair enough but I'm like 99% sure his callup never materialised.
He was called up but pulled out through injury.

At the press conference Hodgson said people in the game 'who he trusts' had compared him with a Ginger Pirlo. They asked him who but he said he couldn't remember then told a journo off the record it was Adrian Durham. Seriously.

He was called up but pulled out through injury.

At the press conference Hodgson said people in the game 'who he trusts' had compared him with a Ginger Pirlo. They asked him who but he said he couldn't remember then told a journo off the record it was Adrian Durham. Seriously.

Cor there is a line in that article that states 'Colback, Danny Rose and Fabian Delph are the new additions to the squad' The latter two going on to get many caps and plenty of PL appearances whilst Jack did fuck all. Criminal.

Back