Colback to be released

If Colback's willing to go back to your club then it'll be for two reasons.

1. He was schooled there.
2. He would be affordable.

I didn't want Andy Carroll back at Newcastle. In fact I never want any player back that leaves under iffy circumstances but you know what?
The issue is, if they do come back, what can you do other than hope they make an impact and actually back them to do so.

We all bought into our clubs as true fans/supporters. Nobody wants to abandon that mindset and nobody wants to genuinely cut off their own nose to spite their face for the sake of using past occurrences as some kind of present boycott of returning players or even of the club itself.

Colback is just the type of player you'll need at this level and if....like I say....he's affordable and wants to come back, welcome him and back him to do a job.
If he does a job then all will be forgiven even if it's never forgotten.

Too much gets made of rivalry with moving players but let's face it, it's been happening since football began and will continue to do so.
We've had some decent players off your club and you've had some off ours.

The nature of the beast, so embrace what you can and look to the now, not the past and certainly not the future, because the future can never be delved into and the past is only memories. What counts is right now....the present.

There is no way he's coming back so this is a moot point however I absolutely would not want that ginger piss biscuit back here.
It's one thing to leave on good terms, quite another to run down your contract, leave to join your bitter rivals, make disparaging comments about the club he left and then to come back,

Thanks but no thanks

Just how many players would want to come to an oversized, struggling Third Division club with skint owners and a not good manager with no ambition? I cannot see any better sh*te than we already have coming here, it’s not as if the money is better. We are f*cked.

Last edited:
True but we even struggled when we had good players like Defoe, M’vila and Sessegnon as well so hardly a surprise a player like Colback couldn’t change that.
We struggled despite having players like defoe and sessegnon. We struggled because we had players like Colback, Gardner and larsson.

Back