Coffee machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just can't get away with Lavazza coffee, even the beans. Granted I haven't tried this machine, but assumed as I don't like their beans, I wouldn't like this!?

I have friends who have nespresso and have gone over to it. Supporting family run Italian firm other than the Nestle monolith too

get in John Lewis and have a free sample one

I just can't get away with Lavazza coffee, even the beans. Granted I haven't tried this machine, but assumed as I don't like their beans, I wouldn't like this!?

I think that's what they use in spoons and I like their coffee.

Last edited:
I always sing the praises of Modo Mio which serve lavazza pods. Only issue is the coffee pod types are all in Italian. they outsell Nespresso in Italy and they know their coffee

http://www.lavazza.co.uk/uk/at-home/espresso-cappuccino/amodomio/
I exclusively use Lavazza ground coffee because nothing else I’ve tried even comes close for me and I was interested when I got my Delonghi espresso machine but concerned they might be discontinued as Nespresso and Dolce Gusto seem to have the lion’s share of the market. If that’s true about outselling Nespresso in Italy I might consider it when my Delinghi dies!

I exclusively use Lavazza ground coffee because nothing else I’ve tried even comes close for me and I was interested when I got my Delonghi espresso machine but concerned they might be discontinued as Nespresso and Dolce Gusto seem to have the lion’s share of the market. If that’s true about outselling Nespresso in Italy I might consider it when my Delinghi dies!

been going for a while now and selling a couple million pods a month so certainly worth their while keeping it going

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras...ws-nespresso-compatible-delonghi-9759876.html

some nespresso onces come higher but at 5 times the price of the lavazza

Last edited:
I just got a nespresso machine for work on sale for 39 quid at AO

I have a bean to cup in the house and while the nespresso is good for what it is..theres no comparison to freshly ground beans...but then you have to be able to justify the cost

thankfully the wife agrees now and if this current one ever breaks theres no arguing about needing a replacement

i get my beans from hasbean (run by a big sunderland fan..he is always wearing some form of safc related clothing in all his trip blogs around the world) or from pumphreys if I need some in a hurry

I always ask for a Cappuccino without chocolate too. A Cappuccino tends to have more coffee in than a latte.

Why do you think it's called a Cappuccino?

I don't. I know. It is named after the brown robes of the Cappucine monks.

So a bit pointless without chocolate in it.

I don't. I know. It is named after the brown robes of the Cappucine monks.

So a bit pointless without chocolate in it.
Ha'way man, "pointless" ? Really?

Its slightly different to a Latte, for people who want their milk a bit more frothy. As in, exactly as people like Cappuccinos.
Its just a sprinkling of chocolate, which for some people, ruins the flavour of the coffee.

Bit daft to get all silly about it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back