Coffee machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Winger
after a new one have always used a machine with filter and ground coffee but fancy a change are the pod type any good ?

after a new one have always used a machine with filter and ground coffee but fancy a change are the pod type any good ?
Aye my pod one is mint. Love it and they have a Nespresso shop in Newcastle now so you can buy the pods instead of having to order them online.

You should wait until Christmas though this one normally goes in the sale and you get £50s worth of vouchers for the pods too.

https://www.nespresso.com/mobile/uk...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COCrhOi9_dYCFRWA7Qod-RMHVg

Aye my pod one is mint. Love it and they have a Nespresso shop in Newcastle now so you can buy the pods instead of having to order them online.

You should wait until Christmas though this one normally goes in the sale and you get £50s worth of vouchers for the pods too.

https://www.nespresso.com/mobile/uk/en/products/Machine/CitiZ&Milk-Coffee-Machine-Limousine-Black/p/magimix-citizandmilk-limousine-black-refresh?cid=SEM_B2C_UK-EN_LOC_R_Google_NESPRESSO|UK|GOOGLE|B2C|Shopping_Machines|GBR_Shopping_Machines|Machines|GBR_PRODUCT+GROUP_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInI2I5L391gIVhBgbCh243Ag1EAQYByABEgLgd_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COCrhOi9_dYCFRWA7Qod-RMHVg
I stopped getting the official pods as soon as the snidey ones started appearing. Aldi do some good ones for £1.79 for 10. Can’t be beat tbh.

No. Get a bean to cup machine and some freshly roasted beans. Much nicer coffee and much cheaper per cup than pods.

This, every time. I was shot down on here for saying decent, fresh beans were better than the pods. I'm yet to have a pod coffee that comes anywhere close to freshly roasted, good quality beans.

Reactions: mux
No. Get a bean to cup machine and some freshly roasted beans. Much nicer coffee and much cheaper per cup than pods.
Nespreaso machines ARE decent. So much so that the founder of Costa coffee admitted that was what he drank at home! As for price, you need to factor in the £500-£800 you’d pay for a good bean to cup. Once you do that then it is not really the cheapest espresso. I agree that a good bean to cup is the ultimate way to get a great coffee at home, but a nespresso machine (especially from the factory shop at dalton park - £30 for mine) is a very affordable introduction to quality espresso.

Nespreaso machines ARE decent. So much so that the founder of Costa coffee admitted that was what he drank at home! As for price, you need to factor in the £500-£800 you’d pay for a good bean to cup. Once you do that then it is not really the cheapest espresso. I agree that a good bean to cup is the ultimate way to get a great coffee at home, but a nespresso machine (especially from the factory shop at dalton park - £30 for mine) is a very affordable introduction to quality espresso.

Don’t need to spend £500-£800 like for a good bean to cup.

Mine is £350ish and the delonghi I had before was £200-£250ish, both make excellent espresso.

Which shop sells them for £30 mate?

Using tassimo at the moment, the espresso is OK from it, but nowt special. Still a load better than drip coffee or instant though.

Using tassimo at the moment, the espresso is OK from it, but nowt special. Still a load better than drip coffee or instant though.

Just binned my tassimo cos it broke and got a dolce gusto - was only 30quid on amazon and at 6am it does the job :)

There’s a shop at Dalton Park that sells kitchen appliances like blenders and food processors. Can’t remember the name, but they sold ‘refurbed’ Nespresso machines (they were brand new, just in a box that had been opened). I got one with a milk frother for £40, but the nespresso machines on their own were £30. Mind, I was in a few months ago and it looked like they’d put their prices up. Still worth a look if you fancy a nespresso though.

Don’t need to spend £500-£800 like for a good bean to cup.

Mine is £350ish and the delonghi I had before was £200-£250ish, both make excellent espresso.
Yeah, but some of the more expensive ones are amazing, frothing milk for you, layering lattes etc. I’ve been looking on eBay tbh, to see if I can get a bargain and dip my toe into the bean to cup world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back