Cock up of the Year

Sounds like a fuck on. I’d want to know I could just press a button and wipe out Washington, for example.

Have you been to washington? Looks like someone has already beaten you to it

I suppose it "could" have been an accident. But to arm and fire a rocket isn't just a one button procedure. :lol:

Bet the driver had venison for tea!

You’re just saying that to stop anyone getting copy cat ideas. I know how it works, I’ve watched top gun.

Guns just don't go off by themselves.

I'm not sure on the Belgian Air Firce procedures but wouldn't normally put an armed aricraft into a hangar. Then there would be several interlocks to prevent weapons being discharged on the ground, these usually being if the aircraft is on the ground there would be a microswitch on the undercarriage stopping it (which can be over ridden, usually by fitting a tool or selecting a switch in the vicinity of it), there would also be a master safety switch for the weapons to be selected to live, as well as a late arm switch. If all of these conditions were met, and someone selected the gun and pulled the trigger then the gun would fire.

My best guess at what has happened is that they were testing the gun which they thought had been downloaded when it hadn't, which someone will be in the shit for.

Didn't a sidewinder get loosed off accidentally from a Harrier down in the Falklands many moons ago, took out a fire truck or summit?

The US managed to lose 10% of their F-35 fleet last week (circa $3 billion). Who'd have thought having hurricane-proof hangers might be a good idea, eh?
This was in the news just this week.

Cyclists' fault. The deer obviously recognised them as human and therefore a threat, whereas they don't recognise cars as human until you get out of them.

Back