Cock up of the Year

I havent got a clue but surely you can't accidentally set a rocket off???

This happened in Copenhagen some years back iirc. A missile was accidently let loose from a warship and it destroyed a nightclub. Don't know the full details but they will be out there somewhere.

I suppose it "could" have been an accident. But to arm and fire a rocket isn't just a one button procedure. :lol:

Bet the driver had venison for tea!
Sounds like a fuck on. I’d want to know I could just press a button and wipe out Washington, for example.

Last edited:
You’d have thought there was a safety catch.

@Typhoonftm, what’s the crack with lads accidentally shooting shit out of other planes?

ND gets you court marshalled in the forces.

Guns just don't go off by themselves.

I'm not sure on the Belgian Air Firce procedures but wouldn't normally put an armed aricraft into a hangar. Then there would be several interlocks to prevent weapons being discharged on the ground, these usually being if the aircraft is on the ground there would be a microswitch on the undercarriage stopping it (which can be over ridden, usually by fitting a tool or selecting a switch in the vicinity of it), there would also be a master safety switch for the weapons to be selected to live, as well as a late arm switch. If all of these conditions were met, and someone selected the gun and pulled the trigger then the gun would fire.

My best guess at what has happened is that they were testing the gun which they thought had been downloaded when it hadn't, which someone will be in the shit for.

Guns just don't go off by themselves.

I'm not sure on the Belgian Air Firce procedures but wouldn't normally put an armed aricraft into a hangar. Then there would be several interlocks to prevent weapons being discharged on the ground, these usually being if the aircraft is on the ground there would be a microswitch on the undercarriage stopping it (which can be over ridden, usually by fitting a tool or selecting a switch in the vicinity of it), there would also be a master safety switch for the weapons to be selected to live, as well as a late arm switch. If all of these conditions were met, and someone selected the gun and pulled the trigger then the gun would fire.

My best guess at what has happened is that they were testing the gun which they thought had been downloaded when it hadn't, which someone will be in the shit for.
Wheels On Ground switch which was renamed Weight On Wheels switch. Pull circuit breaker 232 on an ADV and you can override it.

Back