Cobra tv show

Mackemansj1

Striker
Two episodes in of the new sky show, premise is decent but the telling a bit shit. The north east basically turns into mad max land three days after losing power, it all seems a bit far fetched. Shame as the premise of solar flare knocking out power etc and causing havoc is decent story telling material but they’ve dropped the ball so far.

When I was in New York for the NE blackout in 2003 it was class. Four days I couldn't get home. All we could eat was pizza (log fired) and they were selling the beer at 1/10 the price as refrigeration was out and they couldn't ship the co2 in. Was bloody hot but couldn't go to work, spent the week pissed at a lady friends house.

Trying to watch it now. 20 mins in.

The dialogue and acting are laughable.

I'm out
It's typical sky
Tin star . That one set in Scandinavia with ecclestone both which I tried and tried and gave up . Just A bit soundbite over real deal
I'll give it a chance
It's no spooks

Just watched the first two after hearing Chris Evans banging on about it this morning, better than Chernobyl he reckoned . . no way. It was okay at best

Oh and Tyneside Police :D

Just finished the first one.

Firstly, Tyneside Police :lol:. Secondly, even if there was such a thing as Tyneside Police, why would a bloke from Hexham be leading the crisis response? Newton Aycliffe is in County Durham hence is part of Durham Constabulary. Thirdly, a major incident in the heart of County Durham but all the survivors are being taken to Northumberland instead of Darlington, Durham or even James Ccok hospital which would be much easier/quicker.

I don't think it's bad but jesus, a little research/realisim goes a long way.

Firstly, Tyneside Police :lol:. Secondly, even if there was such a thing as Tyneside Police, why would a bloke from Hexham be leading the crisis response? Newton Aycliffe is in County Durham hence is part of Durham Constabulary. Thirdly, a major incident in the heart of County Durham but all the survivors are being taken to Northumberland instead of Darlington, Durham or even James Ccok hospital which would be much easier/quicker.

I'd sooner take my chances being left injured at the scene than risk being admitted to Durham (Dryburn) 😅😅

Bit odd the cop driving at the time turns out be the top guy for the job
Continuity is really bad as well

Two episodes in of the new sky show, premise is decent but the telling a bit shit. The north east basically turns into mad max land three days after losing power, it all seems a bit far fetched. Shame as the premise of solar flare knocking out power etc and causing havoc is decent story telling material but they’ve dropped the ball so far.

Your review made the Ronnie Gill :lol:

Back