Coast 2 Coast cycle training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am doing the Coast 2 Coast cycle in 3 days over the May Bank Holiday and, gulp, I'm yet to begin training :oops:

Anyone got any tips, training plans or suggested cycle routes? Preferably starting from Washington.

Am I going to struggle like a bastard? :mad:

Am doing the Coast 2 Coast cycle in 3 days over the May Bank Holiday and, gulp, I'm yet to begin training :oops:

Anyone got any tips, training plans or suggested cycle routes? Preferably starting from Washington.

well let me give you a little insight to the official c2c training

practice drinking wine
smoke loads of tabs
drink loads of beer
go out on a training ride the week before

gets us through it every year
or you could pm herbal who will post a schedule for you

Followed a few miles of the route today , my thighs were knacking just from driving up the hills !

i've done it with the lads for the last 2 years running if you havent started training well ermmm ya fucked mate!!! But enjoy the stop overs!!!

well let me give you a little insight to the official c2c training

practice drinking wine
smoke loads of tabs
drink loads of beer
go out on a training ride the week before

gets us through it every year
or you could pm herbal who will post a schedule for you

sounds good!

Find the C2C thread, i'm sure i put a schedule on there.

Basicaly ride 2 or 3 times a week for at least 6 weeks before. do 10-20 miles, and hoy a 30 in when you feel fit. Don't stop for rests. Do a 50 at least once before you go. Practice off road when you can, and ride every hill you come across - grind up at walking pace if needs be.

At the end of the day, you've got all day to do 50 miles, and you can always push up the hills.

But that would be gay.

I started by getting dropped off at Waskerley Way, then rode home from there, then once I got my fitness up, I was riding there and back a couple of times a week (from Sunderland). I also used to ride along to Shields and back in-between.

Enjoy :lol:

Find the C2C thread, i'm sure i put a schedule on there.

Basicaly ride 2 or 3 times a week for at least 6 weeks before. do 10-20 miles, and hoy a 30 in when you feel fit. Don't stop for rests. Do a 50 at least once before you go. Practice off road when you can, and ride every hill you come across - grind up at walking pace if needs be.

At the end of the day, you've got all day to do 50 miles, and you can always push up the hills.

But that would be gay.

This hills, hills and more hills anyone can ride on the flat

I'm planning on doing it in a day in June so if you're gonna struggle i think i might:cry:

Basically, what Herbal said, just ride your bike when you can for as long as you can. You are doing it over 3 days so no one day is a real killer. Get yourself some proper padded shorts and gloves.

You doing this on a roadie? If so are you following the official c2c route?

Yes I doing it on my road bike. My mate says there's a proper road route so I'll be following him.

He did it last year it took him 14 hours.

Last edited:

The disused railway lines at Fatfield, go up toward Anfield Plain as far as you can (one path all the way) and try to beat it every time you go out - it's actually part of the C2C route anyway.

Yes I doing it on my road bike. My mate says there's a proper road route so I'll be following him.

He did it last year it took him 14 hours.

It's something i fancy doing if i can get my fitness up to a canny level.I've tried to sort out a quick route on google maps but without using the major roads.Always seem to end up zig zagging all ower the place.Is there anywhere online showing a road route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back