CO2 Running Short

been to asda to stock up on world cup bargains before rations kick in :eek: i bought 6 x 10 cans of bud light & 9 x 10 cans of boddingtons , she say's you can only buy 6 of each at a time, 2 with me so seperate transaction. . so on 1 reciept she charged me for 6 bud & 3 boddingtons and on the other reciept she charged me for 3 boddingtons :lol::lol:

The UK’s biggest wholesaler has begun rationing beer, cider and soft drinks as rising demand amid the heatwave and England’s World Cup campaign comes up against a shortage of food-grade carbon dioxide gas (CO2) which is hitting supplies.

Booker, which supplies thousands of convenience stores including the Londis, Budgens and Premier chains, as well as restaurant chains including Wagamama and Carluccio’s, is limiting beer and soft drinks purchases to 10 cases per customer and cider to five cases.

A spokesperson for the wholesaler, which was recently bought by Tesco, said: “Due to the international shortage of CO2, we are experiencing some supply issues on soft drinks and beer.

Beer rationed as UK's food-grade carbon dioxide runs low

Very much SEB this thread mind.

Drink some proper ale instead, rather than fizzy piss :lol:

Nor na.

Plenty of great craft lagers and IPAs are served from keg. You enjoy your soggy arse juice made with boring Kentish hops though.

.:D proper ale to strong for me , has to be about 3.5 % :eek::eek::eek: if i had some beef on me, me body could take it

Eh? Loads of proper ales fall into that strength bracket. 3.5-3.9 is your typical low abv pale ale.

Nor na.

Plenty of great craft lagers and IPAs are served from keg. You enjoy your soggy arse juice made with boring Kentish hops though.

Eh? Loads of proper ales fall into that strength bracket. 3.5-3.9 is your typical low abv pale ale.
I'm waiting for 500g of Citra to be delivered. Can't wait to try my first NEIPA. Good thing is, it's got to be drunk young anarl.

Nor na.

When I said ale, I was including IPA and craft beer, you numpty

.:D proper ale to strong for me , has to be about 3.5 % :eek::eek::eek: if i had some beef on me, me body could take it

3.5%? That's Carlsberg in cans isn't it?

Back