Clutch in Qashqai gone - slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackynutmeg

Striker
The clutch in the Mrs (later) Qashqai is slipping like fuck. When you put your foot down to pull off the engine revs like fuck and the car hardly moves.
Apparently this is a common problem with the (underpowered) 1.6 petrol models.

Anyone on here had this ?
Can anyone recommend a good, not too pricey garage to fit a new one ? - apart from the rip off main dealers.

cheers

Well of course, it's a woman's car. They have no spatial awareness or mechanical sympathy. Hence fucked clutches & battered alloy wheels.

Well of course, it's a woman's car. They have no spatial awareness or mechanical sympathy. Hence fucked clutches & battered alloy wheels.

totally agree :lol:
the motor has only got 48k on it but after reading up on it last night it is pretty common on lower mileage ones

Tunstall garage 0191 5288555

sorry. meant to say around the South Tyneside area
unless the Tunstall one is a really good price?

Last edited:
Dont know the area but a clutch is £220 on a good day then your labour,Go cheap on clutches and it generally bites you on the arse

The clutch in the Mrs (later) Qashqai is slipping like fuck. When you put your foot down to pull off the engine revs like fuck and the car hardly moves.
Apparently this is a common problem with the (underpowered) 1.6 petrol models.

Anyone on here had this ?
Can anyone recommend a good, not too pricey garage to fit a new one ? - apart from the rip off main dealers.

cheers

Bin the fucka and buy an auto, its the way forward I tells ye

The clutch and flywheel went on my Pathfinder....1k.

Ouch.

Really common problem on them and Navarras, the Dual Mass Flywheel they use on them just can't cope especially if used for towing or carrying really heavy loads - which is what the things are supposed to be designed for.

When mine went with 26k on the clock, I insisted on a Single Mass Flywheel being fitted, you get a bit extra noise and a clunk but will last a hell of a lot longer. Luckily Nissan covered part of it and Evans Halshaw covered the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back