Club Statement: Darron Gibson

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Technically you are right, the two issues are not directly related.

But do we not have to wonder why there are so many embarassing (to put it mildly) stories associated with Sunderland players and management staff over the last few years

Off the top of the head we have recently seen SAFC staff:

Vandalising cars in Newcastle city centre on a night out

Threatening to give a female journalist a slap ...for asking a wrong question

Constantly, mysteriously injured yet able to turn out at the local shopping centre... on match days

Convicted for grooming and sexually abusing a child

Arrested for drink driving causing massive damage to cars caused by driving along a residential street, on which children live, at a lunatic speed

Really is there any doubt things have gotten seriously out of hand?
Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought our club could be in such a mess.

Everything that could go wrong pretty much has. It’s an absolute shambles.

Well being old enough to remember Bob Stokoe as manager I suppose time does seem to fly nowadays

It seems to me only similar ridiculously shameful incidents involving them up the road have taken a spotlight off quite how bad things have become

Please define recently, I think my definition will differ from yours!

Very well ..... just a selection of what I think it would be reasonable to term “recent” press coverage of SAFC players and management behaviour:

Sunderland captain Lee Cattermole admits to vandalising cars

Adam Johnson jailed for six years

David Moyes fined £30,000 for threat to 'slap' female journalist

Football star Darron Gibson arrested on suspicion of drink driving | Daily Mail Online

You dont think this coverage suggests there might be a problem?

Before we turn to the issue of their competitiveness as a professional football team?

Very well ..... just a selection of what I think it would be reasonable to term “recent” press coverage of SAFC players and management behaviour:

Football star Darron Gibson arrested on suspicion of drink driving | Daily Mail Online

Before we turn to the issue of their competitiveness as a professional football team?
Ignore him. He talks nonsense

To somehow say what Adam Johnson did suggests a lack of discipline at the club or suggest something similar is offensive. It would be like making assumptions that there was a culture of rape at the Sheff Utd when Ched Evans is there or a culture of violence at a club when Joey Barton signs for them.
Players represent the club, the city, the local
area and the fans not the other way round.
Does the actions of Cattermole and Gibson show that the club isnt doing due diligence on the people it brings to the club? Possibly. Did Moyes do anything in the past to suggest he would want to slap a female reporter? No idea.
Could you predict that Johnson would do what he did? Well, if you can, it maybe more beneficial of you and your family to predict lottery numbers.

Ignore him. He talks nonsense

AHA! Dumbo raises his head.

I just find it interesting that you refuse to answer a simple question.

To somehow say what Adam Johnson did suggests a lack of discipline at the club or suggest something similar is offensive. It would be like making assumptions that there was a culture of rape at the Sheff Utd when Ched Evans is there or a culture of violence at a club when Joey Barton signs for them.
Players represent the club, the city, the local
area and the fans not the other way round.
Does the actions of Cattermole and Gibson show that the club isnt doing due diligence on the people it brings to the club? Possibly. Did Moyes do anything in the past to suggest he would want to slap a female reporter? No idea.
Could you predict that Johnson would do what he did? Well, if you can, it maybe more beneficial of you and your family to predict lottery numbers.

All of the individuals involved were obviously personally responsible for their actions.

BUT when so many serious incidents occur at the same club over such a relatively short period ...

it is reasonable to ask questions about how on earth these players and staff could have thought any of this would not lead to instant dismissal as they represent Sunderland to the outside world?

This before we get on to the secondary issue of whether this utterly moronic (or evil) behaviour often associated with drunkeness might also explain how we have become the home of such a crap football team.

I remember a year ago seeing Cattermole 2am off his tits in Tup Tup. I told him that he's a shit footballer and to fuck off. Funnily enough he never said anything back, then again i am a 6ft 2in bodybuilder ;)

All of the individuals involved were obviously personally responsible for their actions.

BUT when so many serious incidents occur at the same club over such a relatively short period ...

it is reasonable to ask questions about how on earth these players and staff could have thought any of this would not lead to instant dismissal as they represent Sunderland to the outside world?

This before we get on to the secondary issue of whether this utterly moronic (or evil) behaviour often associated with drunkeness might also explain how we have become the home of such a crap football team.

What utter rubbish, but hey, lets part to agree to disagree

Back