Club secretary

This is confusing me. At Companies House, the club secretary for both Sunderland Ltd and SAFC Ltd is shown as Angela Lowes. In other words, despite the wording, Mr Baker is not, and never has been, club secretary in the legal sense of the word. He may well have been performing some company secretarial duties reporting to Angela Lowes, but it's very far from being a key position.

And then you read the article, and discover he wasn't actually club secretary at all, but head of football administration, in other words responsible for compiling reports to the EFL and FA. That's essentially a middle management job.
He was Angela’s boss, obviously not in the legal sense as she reports to the board, but in the structural makeup of the football club, he was co sec in 2017 or 2018, and was promoted to director of admin. Wonder if him going has anything to do with the papers getting the info on the 2019 acc?

I'll do it, I'm shite at typing and not much good at anything to be honest other than making coffee so I think I'd be an ideal candidate if I just pretend to like SD and tell him every day that he is great

Sorry mate, you've never worked for Eastleigh so can't be considered. f***ing joke if he's hired yet another person from there mind. Hell, if they did really well at Eastleigh at least I'd see the reasoning but he (Donald) failed there but seems to think getting the band back together will somehow see him succeed here

This is confusing me. At Companies House, the club secretary for both Sunderland Ltd and SAFC Ltd is shown as Angela Lowes. In other words, despite the wording, Mr Baker is not, and never has been, club secretary in the legal sense of the word. He may well have been performing some company secretarial duties reporting to Angela Lowes, but it's very far from being a key position.

And then you read the article, and discover he wasn't actually club secretary at all, but head of football administration, in other words responsible for compiling reports to the EFL and FA. That's essentially a middle management job.

He was involved in fixture arrangement with other clubs etc

He was Angela’s boss, obviously not in the legal sense as she reports to the board, but in the structural makeup of the football club, he was co sec in 2017 or 2018, and was promoted to director of admin. Wonder if him going has anything to do with the papers getting the info on the 2019 acc?

That makes literally no sense. You simply don't get a situation where a board member reports to a non board member.

Back