Club secretary

Could we see the return of Margaret Byrne ?
She certainly has the credentials.

Not at all; it's not the club secretary job at all. usually level of Echo accuracy in reporting.
I wonder what experience you need to get that job. Might be a bit boring at first, but given the way our club is run, by getting my foot in the door, I could be CEO or manager in 5 years depending on which part of the business they fuck up most.

It's a bit above junior office work. It will needs little bit of accountancy and legal skills, plus a fair dollop of common sense, and, above all, attention to detail. Would probably suit someone with paralegal experience or working towards company secretarial qualifications.

Last edited:
Not at all; it's not the club secretary job at all. usually level of Echo accuracy in reporting.

It's a bit above junior office work. It will needs little bit of accountancy and legal skills, plus a fair dollop of common sense, and, above all, attention to detail. Would probably suit someone with paralegal experience or working towards company secretarial qualifications.

Tricky box to tick that. I'm way above junior office level and have amazing skills but no common sense.

It’s in the Ronny Gill 😉

This is confusing me. At Companies House, the club secretary for both Sunderland Ltd and SAFC Ltd is shown as Angela Lowes. In other words, despite the wording, Mr Baker is not, and never has been, club secretary in the legal sense of the word. He may well have been performing some company secretarial duties reporting to Angela Lowes, but it's very far from being a key position.

And then you read the article, and discover he wasn't actually club secretary at all, but head of football administration, in other words responsible for compiling reports to the EFL and FA. That's essentially a middle management job.
He's club secretary, not company secretary.

Back