CLS to host some decent england games but nee t20 franchise

BBC2 and 4, even better. And then the online platform is great. There's absolutely no way that they would say yes to showing the Manchester Moonpigs but no to Lancashire Lightning.

I don't think the racing has suffered at all, I thought audiences were up? And remember, C4 did for racing the same as they did for cricket, with things like The Morning Line and so on.

We'll agree to disagree mate.

Going down from seven to six tests a summer seems to have gone under the radar a bit with it all.

North east where never going to get a franchise due to the poor attendences at Durham T20 matches thats the top and bottom of it. Our county is already a regional team but the crowds are poor. Sadly not the image they are looking for for their new fancy competition.
Hasn’t stopped any of the other grounds from getting franchises.

The thing about this, is that it will be mostly overseas and the current domestic T20 players involved.

They could have improved crowds overnight, with no cost involved.

Allow the England players actually play.

They will be shut out of this competition due to central contracts and test committments

I'm convinced allowing England's T20 stars to play, will lead to larger crowds.

Man they did Durham in the final as I'm convinced we would have won if Stokes could have bowled that night, instead of stewing in the covers after woods initial burst

Indeed most counties get good crowds, it seems that only we struggle to sell it - but I'd put that more down to number of Fixtures and unhelpful scheduling.

The only thing that seems the case with the franchise thing is that there will be large areas of the country completely isolated from it.

NE England, the South West, it's all very central.

Just to provide clarity of what we knew all along, the T20 venues are all Test venues..... Which Riverside was too, until FTECB took it away - it would be funny if it wasn't so f***ing corrupt.

another argument done to death on here but a huge part of it is CLS not being a city, and the ground being out of the road of pretty much everything and the transport being pretty shite

100k is a decent starting base, rather than pissing more that half of them off at the outset. Do everything they are proposing for the franchise system with the T20 Blast and see what happens, it's not that difficult.

One other thing I've been contemplating since they announced the format... Having only one game a night is going to mean quite a few nights where there is no game due to weather. Lots and lots of dead air is not good look.

absolutely this along with, as @stephen cartwright says, hoy in the england players and the competion would be fine, with a ready made audience

Last edited:

Back