Clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroftm

Striker
Anyone able to recommend somewhere for cheap running gear? Mainly base layer tops and shorts?

I need some running socks and bad layer shorts in particular but on a budget.

Does clothing make a big difference when working out? I just tend to wear Primark gear and basic running shoes, the only improvement I've seen in what I wear is my ankle support that was a £1 from Poundland.

Does clothing make a big difference when working out? I just tend to wear Primark gear and basic running shoes, the only improvement I've seen in what I wear is my ankle support that was a £1 from Poundland.

I have an issue with my gait....I seem to favour my right knee and so I get pain unless I wear the right shoes.

Wearing dry fit type clothes makes a big difference for me as I'm not working out in pools of sweat

Personal preference really.

Shoes don't matter a jot to me as I squat and deadlift in my socks. Don't think it matters too much for bench etc' so I just wear a pair of running trainers for walking about/benching in.

Clothing varies from trackies to shorts and generally just whatever t-shirt/vest is clean and to hand when I'm packing my bag. I'll take a hoody for my first warm up set if it's cold.

I've got no chronic pain anywhere so don't need any supports or wraps...

Personal preference really.

Shoes don't matter a jot to me as I squat and deadlift in my socks. Don't think it matters too much for bench etc' so I just wear a pair of running trainers for walking about/benching in.

Clothing varies from trackies to shorts and generally just whatever t-shirt/vest is clean and to hand when I'm packing my bag. I'll take a hoody for my first warm up set if it's cold.

I've got no chronic pain anywhere so don't need any supports or wraps...

The pain I usually suffer from is shin splints but I think that's down to how I run as my heel hits the ground before my toes, I'm not sure whether a better pair of running shoes would stop me from doing it.

The pain I usually suffer from is shin splints but I think that's down to how I run as my heel hits the ground before my toes, I'm not sure whether a better pair of running shoes would stop me from doing it.

Is a podiatrist the right person to see about this? They can sort you out with insoles to correct your gait etc'.

I've got NB trainers that promote a mid-sole strike, the back of the heel on the shoe is cut away slightly.

The New Balance shop at Dalton Park does free gait tests.

I've got NB trainers that promote a mid-sole strike, the back of the heel on the shoe is cut away slightly.

The New Balance shop at Dalton Park does free gait tests.
Cheers, I'll take a look down there at the weekend.

I bought 3 thin cotton tops from Primark, £2.50 each and does the job.

For most things probably not. I wouldn't try running for any distance without the right running shoes for my gait but apart from that as long at it's not chafing or restricting your movement then it's fine.

On saying that though I sweat a lot so I prefer a top with good sweat wicking properties but that's just a preference thing, I doubt it's in any way performance enhancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back