Clint Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

" Are you f***ing crazy? Go back in the house. Old Man"

"Yeah? I blow a hole in your face and then I go in the house... and I sleep like a baby. You can count on that. We used to stack fucks like you five feet high in Korea... use ya for sandbags."

Bet he thought twice about quoting that line ^

"get everybody out that church"
but where they all gonna go?
"out"

I remember him as Rowdy Yates in the TV western Rawhide when I was a kid. He then turned up in Sergeo Leone's ground breaking A Fistful of Dollars a couple of years later and never looked back.

My favourites are For a Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter and The Outlaw Jose Wales.

Clint Eastwood is great

But not a patch on Steve McQueen
...and neither as good as Paul Newman, love Clint like but he's made a few clunkers (Firefox, The Gauntlet, The Rookie, Pink Cadillac etc) but both a lot better than McQueen, he's cool as fuck but a bit dull to watch imo and not a great actor.

What did Steve ever say though ?
Nowt, he just hung about looking cool.

...and neither as good as Paul Newman, love Clint like but he's made a few clunkers (Firefox, The Gauntlet, The Rookie, Pink Cadillac etc) but both a lot better than McQueen, he's cool as fuck but a bit dull to watch imo and not a great actor.

Nowt, he just hung about looking cool.

I'm also a bit bored with the adulation of McQueen. He had some 'cool' roles in some decent flicks but as you say, a bit of a dullard as an actor and by many accounts a complete shithouse off screen.

There's a decent documentary doing the rounds on cable over here 'Steve McQueen - The Man and LeMans' and he doesn't look very cool in that, showing up in one part wearing a knee length gray velvet duffel coat and massive seventies shades!

Jim Rockford's film 'Grand Prix' was better than both McQueen's and Newman's attempts at making racing films. (We're not gonna talk about Cruise's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back