Climbers that can't walk as there stoned rescued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, the forum’s ‘straight talkers’ think they should be left, because human life is worth less to them than appearing as if they’ve got a hard anti-drugs stance on the SMB.

I absolutely guarantee you that alcohol related A&E admissions cost more.

Guarantee you.

Where’s the outrage? Where’s the headline?

Oh that’s right, nobody gives a fuck about that huge cost apparently.

To be fair I doubt they'd have died, probably just say around for a while before getting the munchies and coming down to find a pizza shop

Should invoice them for it.

I've always said that anyone who unnecessarily costs the emergency services money should pay for it.
i.e. if you get absolutely paralytic and have to be taken to hospital to get your stomach pumped or whatever they do now, you should have to pay for it.

I've always said that anyone who unnecessarily costs the emergency services money should pay for it.
i.e. if you get absolutely paralytic and have to be taken to hospital to get your stomach pumped or whatever they do now, you should have to pay for it.

So you should be charged for anything preventable?

You sure you aren't a Daily Mail reader?

So you should be charged for anything preventable?

You sure you aren't a Daily Mail reader?

There's a difference between preventable and drinking yourself into such a state you need medical attention.

And no I'm not. I'd just be a really good Tyrant.
Vote Keawyeds, or suffer the consequences

Rescued someone stuck on Barf this weekend. He's slipped on the bit where you're most likely to get stuck (Slape crag) and had got cragfast. Me and mini skids (8yrs) helped him up and walked over with him to the Lords Seat. Mini skids felt like a superhero!

I would have left em up there , till they came down of there drugs.

A group under the influence of cannabis had to be rescued from England’s highest mountain after becoming “incapable of walking”, police say.

The four climbers sparked a mountain rescue operation after getting stuck on Scafell Pike in Cumbria’s Lake District yesterday afternoon.

Cumbria Police said “words fail us” after mountain rescue and air ambulance crews were dispatched to the 978 metre (3,209 ft) muntain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-incapable-walking-rescued-englands-highest/
or charge them for been rescued

you can imagine the emergency call...... 'trapped on a mountain bring skins, crisps,jaffa cakes ...........ooh and maybe some haribos'

The revenue pulled in from alcohol more than covers any cost to the NHS. I don't think mountain climbing, rambling or cannabis is taxed.

Except that alcohol tax doesn’t cover specifically the NHS, so that’s an absolutely meaningless comparison and the same trotted out by indignant drinkers, smokers or internet “common sense” talkers.

It’s a f***ing disgrace the state people get themselves in before ending up in A&E or in police cars because they can’t handle their drink.

This happens every weekend without fail. A huge waste of resources. Massive.

Except that alcohol tax doesn’t cover specifically the NHS, so that’s an absolutely meaningless comparison and the same trotted out by indignant drinkers, smokers or internet “common sense” talkers.

It’s a f***ing disgrace the state people get themselves in before ending up in A&E or in police cars because they can’t handle their drink.

This happens every weekend without fail. A huge waste of resources. Massive.
What are you waffling on about? The thread is about some individuals who got themselves stuck up a mountain while stoned on cannabis. The thread isn't about drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco both of which are legal unlike weed.
As usual its deflect, deflect and deflect some more. How many threads have been ruined because the usual suspects just can't stick to the subject and they have a need to infest every thread with their gobshite?
If people get pissed and do something illegal that is a police matter. If you feel strongly about it start a thread and don't try and use what is a legal activity to try and excuse an illegal one. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back