Climate refugees

Wrong, it's what greedy investors do when they see a quick buck. Should never be allowed to happen in the first place, look at the amount of daft shites that buy housing on flood planes next to rivers then complain when they get flooded out.

When they get flooded out by deluges unseen in hundreds of years....i wonder why that happens.

Wrong, it's what greedy investors do when they see a quick buck. Should never be allowed to happen in the first place, look at the amount of daft shites that buy housing on flood planes next to rivers then complain when they get flooded out.

They've built some near me. It was on grassland where a stream starts. In bad weather, all the water runs off the hills from Stanley and pools there. Some bloke from Durham County Council was adamant that it never floods even though several of us who walked there regularly pointed out that it does. Planning permission was granted and now the houses on that side are complaining because their back gardens are flooded when it rains heavy :rolleyes:

So they only copy the things that the UK have? There's more developed countries that are taking the piss with the environment, and you can't blame us

:lol:

Does that excuse us from taking unilateral action? We might not be able to affect global climate change on our own but we can make our country a nicer place to live while we wait for climate armageddon. Some of the countries doing the worst pollution are the ones most likely to suffer the consequences so its in their own interests to change.

Does that excuse us from taking unilateral action? We might not be able to affect global climate change on our own but we can make our country a nicer place to live while we wait for climate armageddon. Some of the countries doing the worst pollution are the ones most likely to suffer the consequences so its in their own interests to change.
Do we not live on the same planet? It will affect us as well, there's no degree of impact it will have for each other... We All suffer

Do we not live on the same planet? It will affect us as well, there's no degree of impact it will have for each other... We All suffer

Of course we will but we can make life in our own country better by taking steps to live more sustainably ourselves. We can't change the overall outcome unilaterally but we can show leadership.

They've built some near me. It was on grassland where a stream starts. In bad weather, all the water runs off the hills from Stanley and pools there. Some bloke from Durham County Council was adamant that it never floods even though several of us who walked there regularly pointed out that it does. Planning permission was granted and now the houses on that side are complaining because their back gardens are flooded when it rains heavy :rolleyes:

Same down Earsdon in Whitley Bay every man and his dog knows it’s a a floodplain yet they’ve built loads of houses on it.

Unless they’ve done some serious new drainage work when we get a proper heavy rain can see it flooding.

When they get flooded out by deluges unseen in hundreds of years....i wonder why that happens.
I lived near a place called high river. Every 5 years or so the river would rise and destroy a chunk of he local area. Then all the locals would complain about being flooded out. Then try and sell said properties, not be able to sell them because nobody wants to have to rebuild every few years.
It’s called high river for a reason.

Being curious I just checked the houses for sale there and they’re still asking over the top prices (it hasn’t flooded for a few years)

Back